Windows 10 Windows 10 can't find scanner (part of an multi-function printer)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
All of a sudden, Windows 10 can't find the scanner component of my Dell c1765nfw multi function printer. I can print just find, but the PC doesn't detect the printer as a scanner anymore.

This is across multiple PCs and happened all at the same time. I've cleared the printer NVM and reset settings back to default, as well as re-installed drivers etc... on the PC. I don't think the printer is at fault here, at least from what I can tell.

Any ideas on other things I can try? I've used both Windows default drivers and the bloated Dell software, both of which fail to detect the MFP as a scanner.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks @Urmas, yep that's the guide I followed - however Homegroup has been removed from Windows 10 and my network discovery is already enabled. Really puzzled!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I have a multifunction printer connected to my network, since I got this printer recently I have never used it as a scanner but only as a printer. After seeing your post I was curious to find out if it was showing up as a scanner too. Here is a screenshot just in case if you see anything that might help. I have the latest update to Windows 10 installed if that matters. Nothing seems to be a problem at my end.

Clipboard01.jpg

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks @Quadophile and @muckshifter :). Everything appears to be ok with the running services (although I don't get network discovery as broad as you see Quad). I'll dig out my laptop and have a play, as that won't have been patched with the recent update.

Ask a Question