Discussion: The US Presidential Election

Reaction score
I wish that we could get a Trump running our country (Australia). Australia's political system has become so corrupt that you can almost smell the rot. Like Trump or not at least give him a go and see what happens. Obama was as corrupt as can be so things can only get better for the USA.

Our Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull is giving $1000,000 a day to Indonesia while many of our own people are living in poverty. Oh how great the world would be if we had politicians who had even a small amount of integrity !

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
A politician with integrity could be said to be an oxymoron. In my lifetime I can truly name just the one, Tony Benn, and he's brown bread.

As for giving Trump a go, he's had two months during which (for proof follow the multitude of links in this thread) he hasn't done very well at all, the man is unstable, to put it mildly.

He's a racist, a liar, a bigot, a warmonger, a hypocrite and in my humble opinion - a loony.

And he has his finger on the metaphorical button that could cause world destruction.

All in all, under his leadership, the USA is back to 1936.

I n. My. Opinion. ;)

Reaction score
A politician with integrity could be said to be an oxymoron. In my lifetime I can truly name just the one, Tony Benn, and he's brown bread.

As for giving Trump a go, he's had two months during which (for proof follow the multitude of links in this thread) he hasn't done very well at all, the man is unstable, to put it mildly.

He's a racist, a liar, a bigot, a warmonger, a hypocrite and in my humble opinion - a loony.

And he has his finger on the metaphorical button that could cause world destruction.

All in all, under his leadership, the USA is back to 1936.

I n. My. Opinion. ;)
Trump is not at all racist, funny how when a politician gets elected that actually tells the truth then all of the sheeple get upset. Anyway I respect your opinion and we'll agree to disagree as only time will tell as to how Trump will perform. He was democratically elected, the majority of Americans voted him in so he has earned his right to govern the USA. Have a great day my friend.

Reaction score
I think you will find that Hillary Clinton garnered the most votes but the system you have in the USA gives some preference to certain states, so the result is distorted (from a deal going back to the end of the Civil War). In the UK we have first past the post in elections and the most votes for the prospected MP gets the seat. The party who have the most Members Of Parliament becomes the government and usually the leader of that party becomes the Prime Minister. So how the US count the votes is strange to us as you have a different system to us.

Reaction score
I think you will find that Hillary Clinton garnered the most votes but the system you have in the USA gives some preference to certain states, so the result is distorted (from a deal going back to the end of the Civil War). In the UK we have first past the post in elections and the most votes for the prospected MP gets the seat. The party who have the most Members Of Parliament becomes the government and usually the leader of that party becomes the Prime Minister. So how the US count the votes is strange to us as you have a different system to us.
Trump won the election by a mile, get over it and just accept that he's president. No matter how much people whinge it aint gonna change the fact that he IS PRESIDENT !

Reaction score
I believe this site does not allow political comment I think we should stop this line of comment and agree to disagree and stop this conversation on this issue.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ah, but this thread was one that was started as something of an experiment to see if we could discuss politics as adults and freely give our POV without fear of recourse.

So far I thought we were doing ok but...

Trumps latest trick is for one of his lackeys to announce he's cracking down on marijuana as 'it makes people violent'. Oh really? Strange that, for all my life all I've ever seen puff do is make people chill. That's how out of touch Trumps' gang are. This smacks of prohibition persecution and a retro stance.

Couple of other points:

I'm not a sheep so being referred to as one of 'sheeple' is erroneous by a country mile.

And, er, Trump isn't racist? No, of course not, and remember, people will always believe what they want to believe, regardless of the truth.

And saying 'Get over it' is so passe darling. No, I won't get over it I'm afraid, trump unsettles me cos basically imo he's a loony.

Have a nice day :)

Reaction score
Who cares, Trump is president for the next four years, give him a go, then we can all judge him on his performance. At least wait until he has been in for a year or so before we all condemn him. Why is everyone in the world so angry? Even Trump asked the same question.

Anyway folks have a great day and don't get too hung up on politics as it only frustrates you. Go outside and have a look around at the scenery and breathe in the air and release all your tension.

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Why is everyone in the world so angry?

Because.

... who believes the garbage that the press write.

Many people — despite the efforts by... see above.

Anyway folks have a great day and don't get too hung up on politics as it only frustrates you. Go outside and have a look around at the scenery and breathe in the air and release all your tension.
Anyway lighten up, let's not take all this too seriously as we don't have the power to change it.

Heh.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I believe this site does not allow political comment I think we should stop this line of comment and agree to disagree and stop this conversation on this issue.

We do not usually allow political discussion on the forum, but the discussion topics are an exception. To be fair, this 'discussion' has been pretty one-sided so far, so a bit of actual disagreement is a welcome change!

That being said, it's probably a good time for a reminder of the basics when it comes to forum discussions:
  • You have a right to an opinion, but you do not have the right for your opinion to be automatically accepted.
  • Criticise the points made but not the person making them.
  • If someone disagrees with you, don't take it personally.
  • That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
:user:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
We do not usually allow political discussion on the forum, but the discussion topics are an exception. To be fair, this 'discussion' has been pretty one-sided so far, so a bit of actual disagreement is a welcome change!

That being said, it's probably a good time for a reminder of the basics when it comes to forum discussions:
  • You have a right to an opinion, but you do not have the right for your opinion to be automatically accepted.
  • Criticise the points made but not the person making them.
  • If someone disagrees with you, don't take it personally.
  • That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
:user:

Nicely put. :)

I think a bit of health discussion is a good thing! Just don't take it too personally and you'll be fine. ;)

Ask a Question