Discussion: The US Presidential Election

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
To be fair, this 'discussion' has been pretty one-sided so far, so a bit of actual disagreement is a welcome change!

:user:

Must admit that had crossed my mind, tis healthy to have a little diversity.

Looking at Urmas' link, the one about the rise of the right worldwide, I figure the last time we had a worldwide series of events like the present days were around 80 years ago.

Maybe cycles of hate occur in certain groups of humans every 80 years or so.

Reaction score
Wow us Aussies sure see things different to you guys. Anyway folks as I said before, have a great day. Cooee Cobber, no worries from Down Under.

Reaction score
You would think as POTUS he would have a legal team in place that would be able to come up with something that is constitutional.
I guess he will sort it out. He seems to be fixing things up there so I guess he will eventually get on top of this issue also.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Have you been asleep for the past few months?

No need for that.

• You have a right to an opinion, but you do not have the right for your opinion to be automatically accepted.
  • Criticise the points made but not the person making them.
  • If someone disagrees with you, don't take it personally.
  • That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Reaction score
I think the trouble is that our cousins in Australia are more plain speaking than here in the UK and it is more of a cultural thing and not being rude.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
C7FnuNJVsAA_4Fb.jpg

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
The White House just accidentally shared an article condemning Donald Trump

The White House sends out a regular email sharing coverage (predominantly positive) of Trump and his administration.

No one said it was an easy job. In fact, it turns out not even the person writing the email can do it effectively.

Today, the White House accidently (we assume) shared a satirical article from the Washington Post, slagging off Trump’s budget: proof they didn’t read beyond the (sarcastic) headline.

Either that, or they have a worrying inability to tell sarcasm apart from sincerity.

The article starts off:

This budget will make America a lean, mean fighting machine with bulging, rippling muscles and not an ounce of fat. America has been weak and soft for too long. BUT HOW WILL I SURVIVE ON THIS BUDGET? you may be wondering. I AM A HUMAN CHILD, NOT A COSTLY FIGHTER JET.

We absolutely do not need this. Clean rivers and breathable air are making us SOFT and letting the Chinese and the Russians get the jump on us.

Affordable housing is a luxury and we are going to get rid of it. Donald Trump does not live in affordable housing and neither should you.

Looks like americans do not need decent homes or water or air according to Trump but they do need a massive well supplied army.

:cool:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Donald Trump could reverse cuts to arts, poor and elderly if he stopped staying at Mar-a-Lago, figures show

According to CBS News, the President spent every weekend of his first 33 days in office at the Palm Beach estate - for which security is estimated to have cost $10 million (£8.1 million).

American taxpayers must foot a bill of more than $3 million (£2.4 million) each time he travels there, rather than staying at the official presidential residence of the White House — amounting to $600 million over the four years.

Days after the proposals were announced, Mr Trump is to return to his lavish Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach this weekend, marking his fifth visit to the resort during the short period he's been serving the White House.

Mr Trump’s frequent visits to Mar-a-Lago stand in contrast to his pledges during the campaign. He told a reporter in 2015: “I would rarely leave the White House because there’s so much work to be done. I would not be a president who took vacations.

Be interesting to see what Trump and his supporters make of those facts. :rolleyes:

Ask a Question