Discussion: The US Presidential Election

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
LA Times: Why we took a stand on Trump

It’s the man himself, his character and temperament, that set him apart from his predecessors. So we decided to write instead about how Trump’s erratic, impulsive, narcissistic personality manifests itself in his actions in ways that pose a threat to our democracy.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score

Yup the Trupton is a dickwad as a human.

7L7PLs0.png

"looking over one of the city’s poorest immigrant communities".

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/...-los-angeles-city-might-have-been-in-pictures

breakfast.gif

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Does anyone else feel that when they check the news in the morning, it's like finding out the latest installment of a soap opera or something?! Sheesh :rolleyes:

Ooh yes... or, it's like watching this...

Concorde_Air_France_Flight_4590_fire_on_runway.jpg

... unfolding in HD and slow motion — everybody knows that it's going to come down fast and hard, everybody knows that all aboard are doomed. What is not known — yet — is the extent of collateral damage it's going to cause.

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
John Schindler: This Can’t End Well for Trump

The views of the IC were expressed unofficially by retired General Mike Hayden, a career spook who headed both CIA and NSA, and a level-headed fellow not prone to verbal overreach. In an interview about Comey’s firing, Hayden stated he was “very surprised and stunned as anyone” by Trump’s move, adding piquantly, “I’m trying to avoid the conclusion that we’ve become Nicaragua.”

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I'm really interested to see how Trump's trip to Israel goes tomorrow, given that he gave away their intel to the Russians and just signed a massive arms deal with Saudi Arabia. Should be fascinating :D

Reaction score
I think that both the parties are getting fed up with Trump and his bloopers and my feeling is that he won't be President for much longer.

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Klaus Brinkbäumer is the editor in chief of Der Spiegel and the publisher of Spiegel Online

A Danger to the World
It's Time to Get Rid of Donald Trump

In the Pacific, warships - American and Chinese - circle each other in close proximity. The conflict with North Korea is escalating. Who can be certain that Donald Trump won't risk nuclear war simply to save his own skin? Efforts to stop climate change are in trouble and many expect the U.S. to withdraw from the Paris Agreement because Trump is wary of legally binding measures. Crises, including those in Syria and Libya, are escalating, but no longer being discussed. And who should they be discussed with? Phone calls and emails to the U.S. State Department go unanswered. Nothing is regulated, nothing is stable and the trans-Atlantic relationship hardly exists anymore. German Foreign Minister Sigmar Gabriel and Bundestag Foreign Affairs Committee Chair Norbert Röttgen fly back and forth, but Germany and the U.S. no longer understand each other. Hardly any real communication takes place, there are no joint foreign policy goals and there is no strategy.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Ugh, total cringe!! If I was American I'd be so embarrassed. This little manoeuver (the smug jacket tug is just the worst) combined with those handshakes with Macron makes him even more of a laughing stock than he was before.

I'm going to enjoy watching his (and his family's) downfall :thumb:

Ask a Question