Discussion: The US Presidential Election

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
C4mtxlTUcAAepH2.jpg

Reaction score
Tut Tut wiping ones forehead in the National Flag is a criminal offense, bring out the electric chair.:eek:

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Republicans should be advised to put country over party right now and pursue rigorous inquiries into the full extent of Trump’s Moscow links and their impact on the election—and the new administration. Washington is at the precipice of a scandal unlike anything seen since Watergate. Indeed, KremlinGate promises to be much seedier and more troubling than anything proffered by President Nixon.

Here the inevitable comparisons to Watergate fall short. Tricky Dick committed domestic crimes, and paid the price for them, but Nixon was in no way beholden to a foreign power—much less one which has several thousand nuclear weapons pointed at the United States. Neither did Nixon collude with that foreign power’s spies to arrange his own election to the presidency.

We are now discussing things worse than mere impeachment. If members of Trump’s team colluded with Russian intelligence, the Espionage Act comes into play, and we’ve entered uncharted waters, presidentially speaking.

KremlinGate Enters Uncharted Waters as Russian Links Overwhelm DC

Reaction score
I can see that the in the long term a new election will have to be run as more unpalatable truths come to light.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Geez, the guy is an insecure egomaniac. When Trump asked the reporter if he thought it was a substantial victory, I wish he'd pointed out in reply that you can't call a win substantial if you don't even get the popular vote. Guess he'd have been out of a job though!

On a lighter note, there's a new browser extension available:

http://www.maketrumptweetseightagain.com/

trumptweets8.jpg

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
The Democrats justify their questions by pointing to Trump’s habit of making demonstrably false claims. At a press conference Thursday, he said he’d had the biggest Electoral College win since President Ronald Reagan, for example, when his margin was lower than either of President Obama’s wins.

Blumenauer told The Hill he started taking another look at the 25th Amendment because Trump had casually repeated easily disproven claims, such as stating that it wasn’t raining during his speech on Inauguration Day when it was.

“It’s not normal behavior. I don’t know anybody in a position of responsibility that doesn’t know if they’re being rained on. And nobody I work with serially offers up verifiably false statements on an ongoing basis,” he said in an interview steps from the House chamber.

Democrats raise questions about Trump’s mental health

Reaction score
Very scary epically as he has his finger on the nuclear button, wouldn't trust him further than I could throw him, and that wouldent be far with my dodgey back

Ask a Question