i know a few have hl 2 and i was just wondering
if any had any problems playing it.
hl2 dm and cs have a tendency to crash, i get a blank screen and a reboot
thanks

also does the friends thing ever work?

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Could be a hardware problem, or maybe just a driver problem. Have the side of your case off while playing, see if that helps. If not, make sure you have the latest catlyst drivers for your Ati Radeon card (found here: Catalyst 5.4) .

If none of that helps, see if it crashes on other high detail games like Doom 3, Far Cry, Need For Speed Underground etc etc (something that will have ur comp sweating). If it does, and the side of ur case if off, and your drivers are all updated, it could possibly be a power shortage.

Have you changed any hardware lately?

I play CS: Source and HL2 DM quite often, and its never crashed and rebooted one me. Also i havent had that friends list working for about a month now :/.

pikakilla

Proud Cruncher!
Reaction score
hi reefa
updated drivers for g/card yesterday to 5.4
still crashed after about 30 mins
updated via 4 - 1 chipset this morning and bios this morning and played for about 30 mins and it seemed stable.
a few other do crash though nsfu2 crashed a bit, but far cry never did nor did doom 3.
i will play longer tonite, i need as much practice as i can get!
thanks

pikakilla

Proud Cruncher!
Reaction score
hi
up untill yesterday i was still having crashes playing hl2 and hl2dm and cs,
so last nite i took the an old graphic card and put it in.
the card was an nvidia 4200 ti 128meg and i left the side of the case off,
played hl2dm for about 4 hours and not one crash,
now the case was full of dust so was cleaned so whether that was enough to "disrupt" hl2
i dont know,so maybe my 9800 pro isnt working properly or the new drivers are an issue.
will look for maybe an 6600 gt this weekend.
thanks

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Thats very strange indeed. Maybe installing an Artic Cooling VGA Silencer onto the 9800pro would help, they only cost around £10 and could save you quite alot of money. I dont see much point in upgrading to a 6600GT from a 9800pro, theres not much performance difference between the 2 cards. But if the 9800pro is nackered and I had a choice of a 9800pro and 6600GT, the 6600GT would win every time :p.

pikakilla

Proud Cruncher!
Reaction score
thanks for the reply reefs
i might go for the cooler, at 10 qiud could be worth a shot.
if that dont work then probably new card and by next week the price will have dropped again,
maybe afford a 6800
thanks

Reaction score
Hmm i have a problem with raven sheild it shuts off when i exit the game computer just goes blank and it restarts itself weirdddd.

Ask a Question