Half Life 2, CS: Source - Question

Reaction score
I have HL2 installed and play this online along with CS:Source. I have built a second pc with the intention of purchasing the CS:Source with online HL2 and Day of Defeat to play across my LAN and online when my son comes to stay, as per this image:

B000B9WFPS.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

My question is this: Will I be able to play these across the LAN (obviously not Day of Defeat) and will both machines be able to have access to the same online servers or would I be better off just buying another copy of HL2 so that I have an exact copy on each machine?

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers,

Ian

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Well can't say about HL but I used to have a 'lan' payable game ... I would use the CD to start it up, pass the CD over to Nettie and she would join my game ... but, I also hear that some games need two individual CDs for each PC, if that is so then you can keep 'em.

So I think my answer is ... I dunno. :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
So both PCs will have access to HL2 + CS:S in one way or another? As long as they are patched to the same versions (automatic) then you'll be fine :)

Reaction score
You can play lan on both pc's, but if you want to play online (as in,on any server in the world) then your going to need a copy of cs and hl for each machine :D

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I will be using a copy for each machine, they will just be different flavours. One will be accessed using the HL2 cd that has CS:Source, the other will be the dedicated CS:Source cd with HL2 Deathmatch and Day of Defeat only. I suppose I was concerned that although I will be intending to play CS and HL DeathMatch, they would be from different sources, ie, not the same boxed variant. As mentioned though so long as the games are patched to the same version then maybe I'm worrying about nothing. I just didn't want to spend £20.00 on the online version only that it's not compatible LAN wise, with the HL2 single player version of CS.

Ask a Question