Comparing ti4400 to others

Chris

I have a geforce 4 ti4400 128 meg version video card. I am going to upgrade
to a radeon 9800 pro. Will I get significant framerate improvements in games
such as Battlefield, Halo etc which require a fast machine (btw i have p4
2.6ghz with 1 gig pc3200 ram). Also what does my ti4400 compare to? Would it
be about the same power of a 9600 xt? Or the same power as a 9200? Thanks
for all the help ^^

Dan

You would find that it lands between a Radeon 9500pro, and the radeon 9500.
But closer to the 9500pro.
You will see a very big difference from yours to the 9800 pro.
Well worthwhile.

Dark Avenger

Chris said:
I have a geforce 4 ti4400 128 meg version video card. I am going to upgrade
to a radeon 9800 pro. Will I get significant framerate improvements in games
such as Battlefield, Halo etc which require a fast machine (btw i have p4
2.6ghz with 1 gig pc3200 ram). Also what does my ti4400 compare to? Would it
be about the same power of a 9600 xt? Or the same power as a 9200? Thanks
for all the help ^^

9800 Pro ...

Well in framerate it won't be extreemly higher then ..lets say a 9600
xt orso... but AF and FSAA can be put higher before the framerate
craps in!

GTX_SlotCar

I just put my old MSI Ti4400 in my kids' computer and installed a 9800 Pro
in mine. Both cards were OC'd. The increase in frame rates will depend on
the how much strain the game puts on the card as opposed to the cpu. Expect
a maximum of a 20% increase in frame rates without AF and FSAA. So, if you
were getting 50 fps with the 4400 you might get 60 with the 9800 Pro.
The real difference will be when you start using Anisotropic filtering and
FSAA. Used in moderation (8xAF and 4xFSAA), you'll still get the same or
slightly better frame rates with the 9800 Pro than with the 4400 without AF
or FSAA.

Gary

roach

Dark Avenger said:
Ive just replaced my ti4400 with a 9800 pro on my pc which is very similar
to your spec
I have a xp 2600
1 gig pc3200
on a gigabyte ga7vaxp ultra mobo

3d mark 2003

ti4400-530
9800 - 5450

all the 3d benchmarks are way up on the 4400
however if i was honest theres not a massive difference
in the look or quality of games although this is probably
down to the fact that the ti4400 is still a capable card
and theres not much out there gaming wise to really test
the radeon until HL2 or DOOM3 appear

I did run the farcry demo recently and it was not as smooth as i expected
with detail turned up.

One good point I forgot to mention is I got this card" powercolour 9800
pro" for £178 so it was well worth it

hope this helps

roach

so draw your own conclusions,