Call of Duty: World at War

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Patch #2 on the way....

From callofduty.com we hear that Patch 1.2 is on its way.

Among the changes that Treyarch are considering for this patch are:

• Server Authentication Failure
  • A fix to allow players to draw their FPS as currently cg_drawfps appears disabled.
  • There is no /record which means you cannot record a demo. This particular issues was supposed to have been corrected prior to retail release - however, for whatever, reason it was not included as part of the game proper - nor was it in patch 1.1. Sadly, lack of a demo command, may have caused many in the competitive community to pass on CoD:WW. Is it too late to jump back?
  • A fix for the "cg_fov 80 reset" after dying. Everyone in our forums has been complaining about this; hopefully, the patch will address it.
  • Locking out players from changing their name color. Ooops. I gave out instructions on how to do this one a few days ago and possibly popularized it. Sorry 'bout that chief.
  • A fix for the fault that occurs after Prestige level is reached. The server will say "Primary grenade 0 is invalid. Setting to frag" in red text. I am seeing this particular error quite often now -- many Prestigers actually being accused of haxing over this. Hey accusers, it's not a hack...it's simply a harmless bug!
  • Co-op servers do not seem to display properly in the Server Browser.

Josh explains:

"You cannot join a session in-progress. So when some people have been saying that they can't join public Co-Op games, it's likely not a bug, it's more likely that they had a stale server browser (meaning when they refreshed their list, they got all the servers, and took some time deciding which one to join). So in the time it took them to double-click on a lobby, the host started the match."

• Name tags show through walls after you have shot them. Frankly, I thought this was a feature! I would be sad to see it go frankly.
  • When quitting a game, blue screen pops up and restarts computer
NO PATCH FOR SOUND?

As you can see, there's nothing being patched regarding the awful sound in the game. Treyarch has come back very strong on player comments regarding bad sound (I took a few hits myself on this issue). They say that directionality is fine and the sound is "realistic" - that is, the sound of bolts firing is true to life.

Personally, the sound is attenuated so bad (to use their words...occluded) that you cannot hear someone running right behind you. I think others will back me up on this.

THE BAYONET & BUNNY HOPPING GLITCH (?)

Other issues that have cropped up recently that Treyarch has not even begun to think about patching is the strange bunny hopping and bayonet jumping glitches that some have found.

I have personally not confirmed these glitches and would be interested in knowing if anyone can confirm them.

http://bashandslash.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=449&Itemid=109

So hows all doing with this? The more i play the more i am loving it, kinda, still need to sort a few little niggles tbh....

Am up to rank 50 Prestiege level one so far. :D

ofrcxj.gif

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Guys, got a fast XP ranking server up. :D

Just no planting or defusing!!!!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Nah its RESPAWNING SD loads of XP to be had. :D :D

I'm prestige 3 rank 30

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
V_R said:
Nah its RESPAWNING SD loads of XP to be had. :D :D

I'm prestige 3 rank 30

Good for you :thumb:

(Whatever that means) :D

I've only played online about ten times, getting better.

I do find it easier than CoD4, must admit, I get more kills with CoD_WAW.

Kinda hooked on GoB_Rats maps on CoD2 atm, thoroughly enjoying myself :)

And sometimes I even come first :eek:

As for your server - no FFA or TDM then I'm not interested, sorry bout dat.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Treat it as TDM, it is basically, just set to SD for the sake of high scoring. is all. :)

Prestige is when you get up to rank 65 (Top) then trade it for a different icon and the chance to do it all again from rank 1. You loose all your challenges, perks, weapons, the lot.

Heres teh list of them....

1227661723_1_FT0_codwwprestiges.jpg

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Guys,

If your interested in ranking up super quick come to one of my servers....

TDM hardcore (with HUD for seeing XP gained)

Both 30 slots, one with a couple private slots. Almost always full. :D

Feel free to have a game. :)

BTW: Prestige 10, Rank 65. :D

1z8xf8.jpg

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
lol, ya, only did it for the 10 custom slots... Now i can concentrate on playing the game properly and developing tactics for matches. :)

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Aaahhhh, am yet to play it, but will prob get it on PS3 as i like how COD4 handles on it and i'm still new to Keyboard und mouse, still dragging myself through Fallout 3, finished Left 4 Dead.

Edit: Am yet to play it properly, have had a few goes.

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I finished the single player game yesterday. Verdict - brief but very very good. I don't know why lots of peeps are dissing it, I thoroughly enjoyed it :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
1.2 Patch Due Today! (Finally)

Hello PC fans,

I am happy to say that we have entered Phase 5 of our PC Patching Process, and are preparing the patch for worldwide distribution!

As such, I wanted to shed some light on precisely what Patch 1.2 has fixed. But first, I'd like to introduce a NEW MAP we've included in this patch - Makin Day.

• Items addressed in 1.2:
  • Free Multiplayer Map! The tide is out and the sun is high - this daytime version of Makin sheds new light on the battle!
  • Fixed exploits that allowed for power ranking servers.
  • Fixed router related server authentication errors.
  • Fixed HTTP Redirect functionality for downloading mods
  • Fixed sound device crashes stemming from Emulated Sound Devices
  • Fixed exploit which allowed players to color their name tag.
  • Hits now register properly while targeted player is leaning.
  • Enabled /cg_drawfps in multiplayer games.
  • Fixed command-line +connect functionality
  • /cg_fov no longer resets to the default value in between matches.
  • Dedicated servers automatically reconnect to the Master Server in case the Master Server resets.
  • "Accept Game Invite" is bound to its default key, F10.
  • Implemented fix for attempting to join password protected servers from the server browser.
  • Fine tuned Bolt-Action Rifles for balance.
  • Screenshots no longer overwrite each other.
  • Fixed various multiplayer map related issues and exploits.
We are aware that /record is not on this list, but are happy to say we've already begun working on a Patch 1.3 which will address /record. More details on that patch will emerge after the 1.2 release.

So get ready to get your frag on - Patch 1.2 is releasing TOMORROW, Feb. 6th 2009! Mirrors should start being made available in the morning, PST.

Regards,
-JD

More info HERE

http://www.agbclan.co.uk/news.php?item.49.4

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Its out!!

Description:

Free Multiplayer Map! The tide is out and the sun is high - this daytime version of Makin sheds new light on the battle!
Fixed exploits that allowed for power ranking servers.
Fixed router related server authentication errors.
Fixed HTTP Redirect functionality for downloading mods
Fixed sound device crashes stemming from Emulated Sound Devices
Fixed exploit which allowed players to color their name tag.

Gamershell
http://www.gamershell.com/download_38968.shtml

Fileplanet (Subscribers)
http://www.fileplanet.com/194278/190000/fileinfo/Call-of-Duty:-World-at-War-Patch-v1.2-

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Goddit :thumb:

Me patched :)

Hvaen't played it much on line lately though.

My craze with the CoD 2 GOB Rats maps diminished and starting to get back into CoD 4 again. Not that I'm any good at it though, lol, never seem to come higher than 5th. Although I'm totally tweakless.

Talking of tweaks does anybody know how in hell, in CoD2, some players manage to rapidly move side to side so it's really hard to target them? Is it a mod? A cheat? A keyboard combination? Drives me mad and I thought if I can't beat 'em, join 'em. Although I do often win at CoD2, again tweakless :D

I use mostly default keys except Z & X are lean left and right (which I never use) Q is go prone and E is melee/hold breath for snipe.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I would guess they are strafing flops, its a good tactic. i do it myself. Q & E for me. They may have some kind of bind, but that would technically be no allowed.

FWIW, i use most default with crouch on shift and prone on ctrl. run/breath on forward button (mouse) and melee on back button (mouse). Special nade on left scroll and nade on middle click. Cant beat that imo, never have to take hands of the movement keys or trigger like that. ;)

FPS games that you cant change controls drive me mad. LOL

Reaction score
Cheers V_R,

I am downloading this now, i will start playing COD5 again soon. How are you getting on at COD5?

Regards,

Wiz

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Hmmm, well its cool and all, but still annoys me.

Still no /record so no matches/leagues which is crap....

only me and one or two others in the clan like it so we are sticking to cod4. Waiting for CoD6 Modern Warfare 2 !! :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Patch 1.3 is out now... :)

Call of Duty: World at War PC Patch 1.3
Submitted: March 04th, 2009

Notes:

• /record and /demo enabled in MP.
  • Server Log File improvements, including:
    • Team Names on Kill loglines.
    • Round Win and Loss.
    • Timestamps.
    • Additional action logging (took flag, destroyed headquarters, planted bomb, etc).
  • Improved sound initialization for Vista - fixes loss of sound for audio devices set higher than 16 bit 48000 Hz.
  • Screenshots no longer overwrite each other.
  • Tweaked autobalance on select game modes.

Find it here:
http://www.gamershell.com/download_40660.shtml

Source - http://bashandslash.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=543&Itemid=107

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
In the long standing tradition of releasing end-of-the-week CoD patches, Treyarch tonight has released 1.4 of Call of Duty World at War.
JD_2020, the community manager at Treyarch, gave away the secret five hours before the eventual release by tweeting the following:

"Slept for like 10 hours last night... Really needed to recharge though - today could be a busy day!"

The only thing missing was the "nudge, nudge, wink, wink" sentence.

In addition to various fixes (see below), version 1.4 also includes the same new MP maps that the console folks had to pony up $10 for...of course, we get them for $0.

Note that v 1.4 requires both Patch 1.2 & Patch 1.3! Find the download mirrors here (the file is approximately 581Mb):

http://www.gamershell.com/download_43286.shtml

Here are the major highlights of version 1.4:

Call of Duty: World at War PC Patch 1.4
Submitted: April 09th, 2009

Notes:
  • 3 new Multiplayer maps: Kneedeep, Nightfire, Station!
  • Nazi Zombies map with more weapons, Perks-a-Cola machines, and electroshock defenses: Verrückt!
  • Improved spawning logic.
  • Auto balancing improvements. Players are no longer auto balanced while completing objectives.
  • Mods: IWD's can be placed in the usermaps folder.
  • Mods: Hold Breath / Sprint functions as intended.
  • Mods: MissingAssets.csv is generated when maps are run with developer set to 1.
  • Fixed lag caused by shooting at tanks.
  • All rifle grenades fired during the first 15 seconds of Search & Destroy will be duds.
  • Players who equip a Bouncing Betty and melee teammates in Hardcore game modes are now credited with a team kill penalty.
  • Players are now deducted 200 points for team killing the bomb planter/defuser in Hardcore Search & Destroy.
  • Martyrdom no longer causes direct impact deaths in Hardcore modes.
  • "Bayonet jumping" has been disabled.

Ask a Question