Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Thread

Reaction score
haha i know i know, did it by mistake basically.

People confuse me for him though so it's ok! ;)

Reaction score
Whats this xfire you speak of?

My in game name is Chuck1es! :p

Im off to do some pooning now!

Reaction score
Lets set up a little game us 3.

Shipment ok?

I'll set it up, any one else that joins we'll kick lol

Reaction score
Okay Il log on when your done, just gimme a bell on MSN or somehting when you are ready to get anhilated

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Belloni said:
Lets set up a little game us 3.

Shipment ok?

I'll set it up, any one else that joins we'll kick lol

Missed ya. You got your own server or just a random one?

Reaction score
Just a random one

Not that I play with Ben a lot, he owns me atm! I generally stick with him on the same team! :p

I found a 24hour shipment server, pretty good for leveling! and Doing all the different gun challenges!

Reaction score
Here's some pretty old screen shots of some pure ownage ;)

1196983185.jpg

1196983158.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Whats up with that first screen shot? Lots of high scores but very few deaths, were you playing against Stevie Wonder?? :D

Just had a long session on a 50 man server playing Sabotage, Now this was fun!!! :D:D:D

1196982159.jpg

Reaction score
Oh thanks V_R! I was on a role that time hehe was getting used to new DPI setting.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I got some weird stuff going down here.

I just been playing on some uk servers and my rank went back to Private.

Also, the splash screen on one server had been changed, the word 'Modern' had been changed to 'Mod' with 'ern' crossed out with a red cross.

I have downloads disabled which makes it even more puzzling.

Also, I got the 'timed out' error message when trying to connect to some servers.

However, I can connect fine to the Bitbender CoD4 server and still have my earned rank - gunnery sargeant II. This server is based in Texas USA and is more or less bog standard.

I really don't know WTF is going on :confused:

And I've been playing a little team dm lately, really rather good :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I ment that the olter team must have been blind. ;)

Good going though. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I got some weird stuff going down here.

I just been playing on some uk servers and my rank went back to Private.

Also, the splash screen on one server had been changed, the word 'Modern' had been changed to 'Mod' with 'ern' crossed out with a red cross.

I have downloads disabled which makes it even more puzzling.

Also, I got the 'timed out' error message when trying to connect to some servers.

However, I can connect fine to the Bitbender CoD4 server and still have my earned rank - gunnery sargeant II. This server is based in Texas USA and is more or less bog standard.

I really don't know WTF is going on :confused:

And I've been playing a little team dm lately, really rather good :)
Sounds like you have some kind of mod in your install somewhere, even if you do have DLing off. Have a look through the 'C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare' folder and see if anythings newer than the original install. :)

Not sure about you rank changing, it should be the same across the board. :confused:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
What server did you play on? I dont know for sure but if it was an unranked server or old school dont they have an 'even playing' field?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
V_R said:
What server did you play on? I dont know for sure but if it was an unranked server or old school dont they have an 'even playing' field?

I shall have a look at my list of favourites and report back :)

Although the favourites I've saved only seem to show when they're in a good mood :confused:

Dunno what it is, but this machine (the one in my sig) it's actually over a year old now (and hasn't dated, which must be a first) but it's always given me small probs.

I've run a different motherboard/CPU/memory config in this same box and -same problems.

My other machine, running a lowly 7600GT 256Mb and a Tagan 480W PSU, never gives me any problems.

The only differing factors between the two machines are the vid card and the PSU, which makes me wonder.

Not quite sure if that makes sense but what I'm saying is I have swapped motherboard/cpu/memory between machines in the past, didn't make any difference.

And that the main differences would be vid card and psu.

Anyway, I digress, I'll check out those servers :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You could try installing CoD4 on the other machine and copying your profile over, see if its the same, i'd be interested to know.

Worst comes to the worst, sell your GTS and get a GT! You'll get a little more performance and may even make a few quid. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
V_R said:
You could try installing CoD4 on the other machine and copying your profile over, see if its the same, i'd be interested to know.

Worst comes to the worst, sell your GTS and get a GT! You'll get a little more performance and may even make a few quid. :)

I will try installing it on the amd machine, yes.

As for changing to a GT card, it hardly seems worth the expense/difference, take a look:

GTS:

640Mb Memory
20 Pipelines
Core: 500 (actually 513)
Memory: 800 (actually 792)

GT:

512Mb Memory
16 Pipelines
Core: 600
Memory: 900

So, the GT has faster clock speeds but less memory and fewer pipelines. Which to my mind kinda balances up even. And I could overclock the GTS as well if I wanted to.

Nope, I don't think it's a graphics problem we have here, rather a software one.

If I was going to upgrade I'd get an Ultra then pass the upgrade down amongst my 4 machines until what became redundat would be a GeForce 7300GS 512Mb. And I'd probably then put that in my Mum's machine.

I think the card's ok, since I re-installed Crysis I've been playing it every day since with no problems. And thoroughly enjoying it, btw - great game :)

I'm up to the bit where you drive a tank around.

Reaction score
Do you still have all of the guns and stuff you managed to unlock?

I havd read about this, I dont think it is so much your software that is wrong, it is the actual EA servers or something, a lot of people with playstation 3's are having the same problem!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
G~MAN said:
Do you still have all of the guns and stuff you managed to unlock?

On some servers, yes, but not on others. I haven't, as yet, loaded CoD4 onto my other machine and used my current profile with that install.

And here's some news:

Patch 1.3 now available.

You can get it from Here or quite a few other places.

Note that if you install the 1.3 patch you won't be able to play on servers that haven't patched to 1.3 yet.

Ask a Question