Gaming on Intel X3100 & Call of duty 4

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
As we know that it cannot play Crysis, but does anyone know any good games that this integrated chipset can play?
There was only one modern game I got to work on this graphics card - Call of duty 4 - Modern Warfare.
Low settings, 800x600 and texture quality settings on high, on average I get 20 to 40fps, but in large areas with a lot of scenery (grass trees, ferris wheel [one shot, one kill mission] big firefights) it will choke and frame rates drop between 12 and 8fps. But surprisingly, it has never crashed completely.
2 questions -
A) Any good games that this Intel GMA X3100 chipset can handle?
B) Any way to get even higher frame rates in Call of duty 4? (Not turning texture quality down. Not overclocking GPU even if it was possible, as I could blow the motherboard)

Remember Intel's GMA Graphics are the *WORST* graphics in the world. Or at least I think so. But at least it can run Call of Duty 4.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
Remember Intel's GMA Graphics are the *WORST* graphics in the world. Or at least I think so. But at least it can run Call of Duty 4.

As my father said to me a few years ago when I was trying to do something I knew I was not capable of doing..."You are trying to dig a swiming pool with a teaspoon"
In otherwords I from this thread and others that you have posted about said laptop is you're asking it to do what it wasn't designed for..
Instead of trying to find games that might work with the graphics, why not buy something that was designed with gaming in mind..A lot less stressful and a lot more fun...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Lemme see, it will probably run:

Call Of Duty One
Driv3r
Far Cry (possibly)
TOCA Race Driver 3
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 (maybe)
Medal Of Honor series, the first three
Diablo 2
Devastation
Serious Sam 1 & 2
Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2
Halo
UT 2003

and quite a lot of others.

Basically, anything pre-2006, possibly.

I'm surprised it runs CoD4 at all but from what you say it's probably a waste of time anyway.

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
As my father said to me a few years ago when I was trying to do something I knew I was not capable of doing..."You are trying to dig a swiming pool with a teaspoon"
In otherwords I from this thread and others that you have posted about said laptop is you're asking it to do what it wasn't designed for..
Instead of trying to find games that might work with the graphics, why not buy something that was designed with gaming in mind..A lot less stressful and a lot more fun...
Because when I got this laptop, the specs were wrong. it said something like it has ATI Radeon Mobility or sommin like that. But when I used it, all it had is this Intel piece of junk.
As for Flops, Driver falls into one of the games I like.
It can play Far-Cry (Tested on low/medium settings)
For call of duty 4, I had to do a load of config file tweaking and options to get it to work optimally.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
HalfLife 2 should work fine, and that's brilliant :D Lego star wars can be quite fun too :)

It looks like the X3100 has SM3 in recent drivers, which is good - so be sure you've got the latest ones :nod:

Ask a Question