Big Brother! What is going on?!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
gabriella said:
Lovely photo Quadophile - silly question - do you have any sunflower pictures (of real ones)?

Gabriella x
I am afraid not but I will keep it in mind and whenever I do will let you have it!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Plasmatica said:
Did the laptop sell?

My experience of ebay is that you could have Britney Spears, J-Lo and Beyonce naked, each standing behind a PC in a strategically placed position with the title:

“Buy three and all will be revealed!”

but still any potential bidder will email or phone asking "how much for a 512mb upgrade?"
Yup, it sold in the end :) Went for a reasonable price too, not amazing, but certainly not bad!

I like using ebay, but the fees they charge for selling are crazy sometimes! It works out at about 7% if you use paypal.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Quad;

Do you play the sax? If so, what kind of music?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
sexy bex said:
Quad;

Do you play the sax? If so, what kind of music?
No BEX I don't play the SAX!:D

I decided to use the Pink Panther with the sax in honour of a nice LADY here who associates with Audrey Hepburn. The link to Pink Panther is Henry Mancini who composed "Moon River" as well as the The theme of Pink Panther! :)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Aaaahhhhh, now I understand! It's a cool pic, just thought I'd ask! I didn't realise that the same man composed both songs, you learn something new everyday! :)

Becky

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Plasmatica

Are your ebay troubles sorted yet? There are some real numpties using ebay I must say (present company and other forum users excluded!!).

Gabriella x

Reaction score
No, ebay are still major grass moles.

On Tuesday I received an email from ebay allegedly, (it was from ebay.de which is German in any Herr/Frauline’s favourites list) asking me to fax 1 from each group:

Group One - Evidence of Name

- Copy of a current full UK Driving License (Old version) - old style provisional license will not be accepted.

- Copy of a Residence Permit issued by Home Office.

- Copy of both parts of a current UK Photo-Card Driving license.

- Copy of Building Industry Sub-Contractor's Certificate issued by the Inland Revenue.

- Copy of a Benefit Book or an original notification letter form the Benefits Agency confirming the right to benefits.

- Copy of a current signed passport including photograph.

- Copy of Inland Revenue Tax Notification with address showing..

Group Two - Evidence of Address

- Recent copy of Utility bill or a certificate from a supplier of utilities confirming the arrangement to pay for services on pre-payment terms. Mobile phone bills are not acceptable.

- Copy of Local Authority council tax bill (valid for the current year).

- Copy of both parts of a current UK photo card driving license (if not used for evidence of name).

- Copy of Bank, building society or credit union statement containing current address.

- The most recent copy of a mortgage statement from a recognized lender.

- Copy of Local Council rent card or tenancy agreement with address showing.

- Copy of notification letter from the benefits agency confirming the rights to benefit (if not used for evidence of name).

Now, in my opinion, faxing, emailing, scribbling on a chalkboard or sending by carrier pigeon this information, constitutes “giving out my personal information” which, ebay warns against and has certain procedures in place “for your protection.” Especially as the email was addressed to "Hello"

Following their procedures and sending separately the header and the body of the email through their automated bull $hit system to determine its authenticity, I received no response. No response that was, until my account was suspended on Wednesday afternoon, and having sold 1 PC at the time this sale was terminated.

As well as the above, the email requested proof of ownership of all items I had listed on ebay at the time, the exact request:

Evidence of Ownership:

* Copy of Bill of Sale

* Copy of Receipts

* Copy of Agreement with Supplier

* Copy of Shipping Invoices

Considering this was 20 PC’s and I build them myself, I don’t quite know what was expected. If they think I’m hacking down a forest to fax invoices for the components of 20 PC’s, they can kiss my Lilly white!

I received a response this morning from ebay, following my email about “besmirching my character,” requesting the same information.

They already have my bank details, debit card details and processed direct debit mandate. I have siphoned off a pint of blood just in case.

I have sold several PC’s on ebay and have not had so much as a howdy doody from them before now.

The worrying thing is, even if I provided all this information, who’s to say they won’t do it again? I have read many horror stories on various websites about this. I managed to find a telephone number, but the website that provided it warned against using it too much or being less than happy to speak to the person on the end of the phone, as they have a habit of changing the number if they receive too many questionable calls!

Their “sister” company Paypal has similar if not worse reviews, I found a very interesting piece written by a former employee.

I’m sorry for going on, I’ve had a drink and ebay have really p***ed me off in the past few days. :mad:

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear me

This sounds extrmely worrying - who licenses them/oversees them/governance arrangements? What on earth are they asking for all that info for - with all that lot u could assume someone's identity and goodness knows what else.

Have a drink and chill Plasmatica...the telly's not good tonight but perhaps there may be something on DVD/Sky that may grab your attention.

Keep us posted and try to stay calm.

Kind regards

Gabriella xx

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Chris

What a terrible nite on the telly - I even found myself watching Strictly Come Dancing cos there was nothing else and the football....nah...didn't want to go there!! Just seen BB on C4. Rained all day, very cold, had the central heating on....... I think it's gonna have to be Johnathon Creek now - the other options on terrestrial TV look dire and music channels are blaring out from the other room.

Kind regards

Garbriella xx

Reaction score
ah well...

do you not have sky or freeview? I find that the Discovery channels are an endless source of knowledge. Especially discovery wings. Bravo is also very good as is SkyOne sometimes. 556,124 and 106 rule.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Chris

Yes we have Sky - it's in the sitting room and piped through to 2nd sitting room where computer is - that means sitting room person has control of the Sky. 2nite it's a choice of dire terrestrial or music channels. Been sat listening to Radio 2 on the internet.....

Gabriella xx

Reaction score
ahhh...cool.

We have the same setup pretty much. Sky is in the living room and its "piped" wirelessly to my TV :D

football was good though...

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Chris

Can't ahre your footie passion - I hope there is better stuff on telly 2nite otherwise I might have to emigrate. Just think.. after the footie we have weeks of Olymic Games. The TV show last night with the flame being 'run' around London was quite good and Rod Stewart was q good. Remember him years ago when he was a much younger boy!

Kind regards

Gabriella xx

Reaction score
haha well as it turns out i am not really a big football fan at all. Dont really play it often, dont watch it often. The only time i do like it is when its international games...they are so gripping!!

86% for vanessa the other night...LOL

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Chris

I hear there's a newbie housemate joined 2day - haven't managed to catchh BB yet - who is she/he?

Gabriella xx

Reaction score
Becki Seddiki

Becki wants to pursue a musical career but is currently studying floristry. A psychology graduate, she enjoys living alone and comes from a religious family. She has ridden nude on a motorbike down Route 66 and describes herself as loud, unconventional and a control freak. Becki entered the House on Day 31.

D.O.B: 24th July 1970

SIGN: Leo

HOME London

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Chris

I am failing! 2nd day when I haven't manage to catch BB - how is Becki getting on....fill me in please!!

Gabriella xx

Reaction score
well she got her fake tits out and umm...wants to borrow a ahem toy :)D) from the other housemates. She came in and led everyone to believe she was italian.

Ask a Question