Big Brother! What is going on?!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Rupert Murdoch is a very rich Australian with (imo) some very dodgy political viewpoints and some equally dodgy ideas on what he thinks the 'masses' should view.

He owns Sky, The Sun 'newspaper' and The Times, to name but a few.

But, we're verging on politics here, I don't wish to get into that, and it almost be time for beddy-byes :D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Sky, Sun, The Times, what a freaky combination, come to think of it he literally owns everything :)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
How odd..... the conversation begins with 'Big Brother' and nearly ends with 'world domination'!

Has anyone actually read '1984' by George Orwell here? It's a lot better than the BB crap forced upon us every summer!

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear all

Whhat's been going on with BB - went out last nite and got back late - this a.m. understand that Emma has been evicted because there was concern about her mental health. What's going on?

Can anyone give me a quick filler-in please?

I did watch a bit on E4 late yesterday aternnon and they all looked a bit glum - the sound was blocked out too so couldn't quite suss out....

Gonna catch up later on....

Gabriella x

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
By the way 1984 is an awesome book, we did it at school, it was quite scary at the time..well worth a read if u haven't already Chris!

Gabriella x

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
lol!

didn't George Orwell write about communist farm animals and a demented pig?
He certainly did - 'Animal farm.' Reminds me of that Ali G sketch/interview, hehe...

I was forced to read both at school, as I remember, kinda put me off 'em for life.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
I wonder if u and I went to school at the same time floppy - we read 1984 and Animal Farm and some other quite strange books one was called something like Gilderstein and ? (can't remember the other name) Are Dead. Also Chaucer's Tales for A level and The Songs of Innocence and Experience. They were all quite heavy going if my memory serves me right!

Can't wait to catch up with BB 2nite to see what's been going on in the house........

Gabriella x

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Chris

You are so showing your age - Year 8 is my old 2nd year at Grammar School - or perhaps I am showing mine!! Did you make any sense of it at 12/13? I thought it was really weird!

Gabriella xx

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Breaking news - Nadia has revealed she was born a male - some probing questions on BB as we speak - talk of 'removal jobs' not very sensitive really. Some very intimate issues being discussed....

Gabriella x

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
gabriella said:
I wonder if u and I went to school at the same time floppy - we read 1984 and Animal Farm and some other quite strange books one was called something like Gilderstein and ? (can't remember the other name) Are Dead. Also Chaucer's Tales for A level and The Songs of Innocence and Experience. They were all quite heavy going if my memory serves me right!

Can't wait to catch up with BB 2nite to see what's been going on in the house........

Gabriella x
School at the same time? I doubt it ;)

And that play be Guildencrantz and Rosenstein (I think) are dead.

A satire on Shakespeare, that's another thing I was forced to watch. We went by coach to the Old Vic Theatre in London to see it.

Didn't make a lick o sense to me at the time :D

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi Floppy

Rozencrantz and Guildenstein Are Dead (or something like that) - quite right Floppy - anyway - how do u know we werne't at school at the same time? Could be possible.......

Where were you in 1972/what were u doing?

Kind regards

Gabriella x

Reaction score
lol!

No it didnt make much sense - well there is a narrative level - animals on a farm but the symbollic level is all political argh.

what time did you leave school then?

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Chris

Big Bro was ace 2nite - Nadia revealed her birth sexuality...some very probing questions....

Leaving school - 1979 (age 18) for me.. I dare floppy to reveal the year he left school.... when I left school the firemen were on strike and there were green goddesses on the street. Then went to what was the Coventry Polytechnic (now Coventry University) and met The Specials, UB40 and loads of other contemporary bands/acts...those were the days....

Gabriella xx

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Chris

Ha ha!!!! There were similar things some time ago (trust me, it's true!!). Petrol was some ridiculous price as well, something like 39p per gallon (I never did do metric measures!!). Terry Wogan was still on Radio 2 (nothing changes there then!!) and my mum was buying toliet rolls and sugar in bulk cos someone (who knows who it was...) said that they were in scarce supply. We had a house full of sugar and toilet rolls... I don't take sugar but the toilet rolls were handy and the combined purchases took years to get through... I am not sure what it was all about.........

Gabriella xx

Ask a Question