Battlefield 3

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Lemme get this right. Pre-order? Give my money to EA/Origin up front so they can stash it away and make lots of interest on all that pre-order cash?

Nope, not me, they already charge too much and offer little in the way of support.

I think the only time I'd pay up front for a game would be if they supplied a few extras worth having. And I mean worth having, not some stoopid uniform skin or summat.

Call me grouchy but that's how I feel.

Must admit tempted to pre-order Skyrim though if there's any goodies going extra with cash up front.

Here's an example of Origin, my computer died, I built a new one, they only allowed one install and then I had to go through this, without a scanner or digi camera I'd have been snookered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Samuel: Hi, my name is Samuel. How may I help you?
Tony Sullivan: Did you not see the message I just typed in?
Samuel: Please wait. While I go through your question.
Samuel: Please provide me the name of the game. Serial number and your EA account e mail ?
Tony Sullivan: Ok, here's the problem. Bought Alice game from Amazon, played some of the game, my computer died (motherboard). Built new computer, reloaded Alice game, EA won't accept serial number for registration as they say it's already been used. Which makes the game worthless for me. Solution?
Tony Sullivan: Alice:Madness Returns. AJ99-****-****-****-6P47 ********************************
Tony Sullivan: Oops, caps lock. *******************************
Samuel: Thank you. Please give me few moments to check the info.
Samuel: Thank you for your patience.
Samuel: As a one time courtesy, we can provide you a replacement code. For this, in order to confirm that your copy is official, I need to request for some additional information.

Picture/ scanned copy of manual showing code.
Picture/ scanned copy of purchase receipt (if any).
Picture/ scanned copy of the game disc along with your name, signature and today's date on a paper (next to disc).
Samuel: If you don't have the scanner click the snap/picture of the game disc along with above information using the Digital/ Mobile Camera.
Samuel: When done. Please attach the file, by selecting the attach button, present on the lower side of the Chat window.
Tony Sullivan: ok, can do two of those, game was a gift, I may still have Amazon delivery note
Samuel: Okay.
File attachment upload has started.
The file serialnumber001.jpg (1116.75KB) was received.
File attachment upload has started.
The file disc002.jpg (1148.99KB) was received.
Tony Sullivan: Will that do?
Samuel: Thank you for providing the info. Yes. Just give me few more moments.
Samuel: Thank you for waiting.
Samuel: Here is your new code for Alice: Madness Returns : *************************************
Samuel: Is there anything else, I may help you with?
Tony Sullivan: Ok, that worked, thanks. Nope, nothing else today, cya
Samuel: Good to hear that it worked. Your welcome. It was my pleasure to assist you.
Samuel: Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts support today.
Samuel: Take care, bye.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
What do you think of the Origin platform so far?

Looking forward to hearing what you think of the beta :D
Origin = bearable, that is all. Not a big fan myself but it does at least work.

Not sure i like the method of joining a game, i like the old school server browser, not launching the game from the web browser... But that may change as i get more used to it. :)

It seems to run a lot better than they suggested, i'll post up some screenies in a bit, but its auto detected my settings to almost all Ultra. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I will just add despite my misgivings I will probably buy BF3. Through gritted teeth ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Seems the servers that are running the Caspian Border map (the one that is supposedly for internal testing only) had the password 'leaked' So people have been 0playing the other map! Damn you being at work!

Heres some screenshots of it here. It looks blooming awesome!!!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446390&page=76

Also...

Reaction score
playing metro all of last night got a bit boring tbh , but after i remapped the keys the game played well.

i got chucked off quite a few servers while playing which led to me being back at the web server page thingy ... a bit frustrating.

but .... its still a bit like an add on or dlc for bad company.

it will be released like all other games .. unfinished and full of bugs & glitches , and a patch will be released on the same day as its in the shops.

will give it another bash later and kick V_R's backside again.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah think your on the money there Finch.

I really wish i could bind keys to my mouse, thats the biggest issue for me right now.

Oh and lol at you 'kicking my backside' - :fool:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Oh and i shall keep an eye out for a password for the Caspian Border servers, seems they leak them then change them... :/

Reaction score
i worked out why it was so easy for me to bind the keys to my mouse ...

i always use the same keys for these type of games , and these games always use the same key layout , so the profile i had stored for bc2 & bops in my mouse software worked no problem ...

perhaps you should get a decent mouse V_R ? lol

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
What i should trade in my Deathadder for a Roccat? Dont make me laugh, i had a Kone and i sent it back!

Deathadder > all other mice. ;)

Reaction score
What i should trade in my Deathadder for a Roccat? Dont make me laugh, i had a Kone and i sent it back!

Deathadder > all other mice. ;)

so if the deathadder is soooooooo good why cant you bind your keys to it in bf3 ....

perhaps you should have kept the roccat ?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Coz the beta is fubar. Hey in the Alpha you couldn't even change any of the bindings!

It will be fixed for the full release says EA. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
TBH i am expecting a day one patch anyway, and probably a rather large one at that.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
..........Is it bad that i have just been checking out 580's thinking how nice it would be to have SLI for BF3......... :blush:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So the beta goes open today, at 1pm i think.

If you want to try the other map that is 'Closed for development only' which is Capsian Border the password is...

..........is...............

Appletini

:D

Well until they change it again anyway!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Nice long vid of Caspian Border gameplay...

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ok, seems they changed the Caspian Border password again....

now its...........

videokilledtheradiostar

Open BETA goes live today in........

http://bf3timer.com/

:)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Could it be!!!??? Origin pre order cancelling if true!

According to an anonymous report BF3Blog received from inside Valve, the developer/publisher is currently in late-stage talks with EA in bringing Battlefield 3 to the Steam digital distribution service. The rumor says that Battlefield 3 would be available on Steam just in time for the game’s release on October 25.

According to the report, EA and Valve are very close to reaching an agreement regarding sales of DLC content, which is the main reason Battlefield 3 is not on Steam: Valve requires that all DLC is sold through Steam, while EA would prefer to sell via its own channels. This was the cause of another EA title, Crysis 2, for being pulled from Steam earlier this year.

Many PC gamers have lobbied both EA and Valve to put Battlefield 3 on Steam for a while now. It looks like it’ll finally happen soon.

We’ve reached out to EA and Valve for a comment on this story.
http://bf3blog.com/2011/10/report-ea-and-valve-in-late-stage-talks-to-get-battlefield-3-to-steam/

Ask a Question