Battlefield 3

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That game does look pretty amazing.... I'll probably hold fire and see how the reviews are and what the comments are like.

I don't like the idea of having to download EA's service, but if it's not intrusive and can be disabled other than when I want to play the game, then I may buy it.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I have it installed on my PC at home, its EA's version of Steam, but IMO no where near as good.

Seems your gonna have to use it for BF3 and probably all other new EA games... :./

There were reports of it using high amounts of CPU power during the BF3 Alpha trial, but that will be fixed says EA.... Place your bets,. ;)

Reaction score
Wow that looks fantastic! Maybe enough to make me take a sip of the Origin coolaid afterall :D
Think I'll take Origin for a little spin this weekend.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Heres an Unofficial Battlefield 3 trailer by killat0n, it looks AWESOME!!!! :D

Reaction score
Wow!! That's so awesome! It looks every bit as real as real life! I bet the people who aren't EA fans and who were turned off by the news of it not being avail on Steam are going to change their minds :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That really does look good... really really good!

I'm going to hang on a little while to see if it does appear on Steam, as I think EA will probably push it to steam after a while - citing an agreement between the two, but in reality just happy to catch more users the 2nd time round.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
i kinda thinking the same, but dunno if i can hold off....!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Its 360 footage, but my that looks good, Imagine what it will look like on the PC!! :drool:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
JOIN THE BATTLEFIELD 3 BETA

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/beta

STARTING ON: September 29

PLAY BATTLEFIELD 3 EARLY
OPEN TO ALL ON ALL PLATFORMS
YOUR CHANCE TO GIVE FEEDBACK

From the FAQ's......... (Sorry for the random caps, its a copy and paste job from the link above)

WHAT ARE THE DATES FOR THE BETA?

THE OPEN BETA STARTS SEPTEMBER 29TH ON XBOX 360, PLAYSTATION 3, AND PC. THOSE THAT HAVE ALREADY PRE-ORDERED THE PC DIGITAL DOWNLOAD VERSION OF BATTLEFIELD 3 THROUGH ORIGIN OR OWN THE LIMITED/TIER 1 EDITION OF MEDAL OF HONOR FOR XBOX 360, PLAYSTATION 3 OR PC, WILL HAVE EARLY ACCESS STARTING ON SEPTEMBER 27TH. THE OPEN BETA ENDS ON OCTOBER 10TH.

WHERE DO I GET THE BETA?

On Playstation 3, the Beta will appear automatically on the Playstation Network Store. On Xbox 360, it will automatically appear on Xbox Live Marketplace. On PC, it will automatically appear in the Origin application's demo page.

HOW DO I INSTALL THE BETA?

ON CONSOLE, YOU SIMPLY DOWNLOAD THE BETA AND PLAY. ON PC, YOU FIRST INSTALL THE ORIGIN CLIENT FOUND ON WWW.ORIGIN.COM/DOWNLOAD AND THEN INSTALL THE BETA FROM WITHIN THE ORIGIN CLIENT. MORE DETAILS WILL BE AVAILABLE HERE BEFORE THE BETA STARTS.

IS ORIGIN REQUIRED TO PLAY THE BETA?

ORIGIN IS NOT REQUIRED TO PLAY ON XBOX 360 OR PLAYSTATION 3. FOR PC, ORIGIN WILL BE USED TO DISTRIBUTE THE BETA INSTALLATION AND run the game and THEREFORE NECESSARY TO PLAY.

WHAT ARE THE MINIMUM AND RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR PLAYING ON PC?

Minimum System Requirements
PROCESSOR: 2 GHZ DUAL CORE (CORE 2 DUO 2.4 GHZ OR ALTHON X2 2.7 GHZ)
MEMORY: 2 GB
HARD DRIVE: 20 GB
GRAPHICS CARD (AMD): DIRECTX 10.1 COMPATIBLE WITH 512 MB RAM (ATI RADEON 3000, 4000, 5000 OR 6000 SERIES, WITH ATI RADEON 3870 OR HIGHER PERFORMANCE)
GRAPHICS CARD (NVIDIA): DIRECTX 10.0 COMPATIBLE WITH 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 OR 500 SERIES WITH NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GT OR HIGHER PERFORMANCE)
SOUND CARD: DIRECTX COMPATIBLE
KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
DVD ROM DRIVE

Recommended System Requirements
PROCESSOR: QUAD-CORE CPU
MEMORY: 4 GB
HARD DRIVE: 20 GB
GRAPHICS CARD: DIRECTX 11 COMPATIBLE WITH 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 OR ATI RADEON 6950)
SOUND CARD: DIRECTX COMPATIBLE
KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
DVD ROM DRIVE

I BOUGHT MEDAL OF HONOR LIMITED EDITION/TIER 1 EDITION ON STEAM. HOW DO I GET EARLY ACCESS?

IF YOU PURCHASED MEDAL OF HONOR THROUGH STEAM PRIOR TO JULY 26TH, 2011 CUT-OFF, YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR EARLY ACCESS TO THE BATTLEFIELD 3 OPEN BETA.

TO VIEW YOUR KEY, GO TO MEDAL OF HONOR IN YOUR STEAM LIBRARY, AND CLICK THE "CD KEY" LINK. FIND THE "BATTLEFIELD 3 OPEN BETA EARLY ACCESS" KEY.

BATTLEFIELD 3 IS DELIVERED THROUGH ELECTRONIC ARTS' ORIGIN CLIENT, WHICH YOU CAN DOWNLOAD HERE. www.origin.com/download

ONCE YOU HAVE ORIGIN INSTALLED, RUN IT AND LOG IN WITH YOUR ORIGIN ID. (THIS WILL BE THE SAME AS YOUR EA ACCOUNT ID USED IN METAL OF HONOR.). IN THE ORIGIN CLIENT, CLICK THE GEAR ICON IN THE TOP MENU BAR, AND THEN SELECT "REDEEM PRODUCT CODE".

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Translated answers from the Q&A's with zh1nt0 and Gamm4 On the German TS.

-between 2-3k giga beta client
-netcode is totaly new not as crappy like bc2 ( not my words.. )
- 2-3 giga beta client
- battlelog can be updated without patching the game so we can get new stuff faster
- no level limit @ beta
- no bf3 on steam cause of paysaft card and more $$$ for origin
-caspian border IS NOT THE BIGGEST MAP
-next 1-3 weeks will be talking about new maps so "soon"
- autoheal on all vehicules after 10-15sec
-cant join as a squad if team is full so battlelog groups dont get split
-no weather + time changing in game
-no jet bombs
-Spawnsystem is different from the MDO's not the same spawn in TDM and conquest /rush
- Battlelog application for iphone
- you can use 3 screens if you have enough graphic power
- e-sport is a Focus for Bf3 ( i loled at that one.. ^^ )
- you can still trow grenades to hear enemys yell around ^^
-recoil will be from bullets/time you cant bind single fire on mousewheel to cheat recoil
-no comment for battlerecorder
- battlelog will unlock beta on client so no keys for Pre-order if you have origin order + moh
-unlocks are for WEAPONS not for classes you cant unlock red dot on gun1 and use it on gun 2
- Preload infos will ocn in a few days
-no comment on fullcaped conquest maps until map infos from dice
-Esport features WILL come
-Metro got changed thats why they want to test balance again
- You can not change the posters in game to make clan publicity
-You have more then 1 knife animation , from behing , on the ground you can NOT counter knife
- Beta will not start at 00:00
-beta NEVER GOT delayed ( the date )
-You can not UPDATE alpha client you need a full DL
-you can join with friends on a server .
-Friendly fire is On default settings
- 2* 580 für high waren nur ein Running gag von so einem Dice|Coreaner ^^
- mod tools are still CONSIDERED
- you can not cook grenades
- Vehecules autoregeneration ONLY under 75%^^
-Ranked servers can be changed to unranked but same price
-No keys send for GERMANY
- bf3 for XBOX will be in the MARKETPLACE no DATE
- When you get kicked you can see the reason in the Battleblog
-there will be more infos the next weeks
- some comunity events are gonne come during beta

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
A better translated and cleaner version of whats been posted above. :)

http://csnation.net/content.php?532-Beta-Q-A-with-zh1nt0

General Beta Info
  • Beta will not start at 00:00.
  • Between 2-3 gig beta client.
  • You can not UPDATE alpha client you need to re-download the new Beta Client.
  • Netcode is totally rewritten and new.
  • No level limit @ beta.
  • Cant join as a Squad if the Team is full so battlelog groups won’t get split.

Gameplay Info
  • Autoheal on all vehicle’s after 10-15sec.
  • Vehicles autoregeneration ONLY under 75% Health.
  • Unlocks are for WEAPONS not for the classes you can not unlock red dot sight on gun1 and use it on gun 2.
  • Operation Metro got changed and has a new Layout, thats why they want to test balance again.
  • You have more then 1 knife animation, from behind, on the ground and you can NOT counter the knife attack.
  • You can still throw grenades to hear enemys yell.
  • You can not cook grenades.
  • You can join with friends on a server.
  • Friendly fire is On as the default setting.

Misc. Info
  • You can use 3 screens if you have enough graphic power.
  • Next 1-3 weeks will be talking about new maps.
  • Caspian Border IS NOT THE BIGGEST MAP.
  • No Bombs on Jets.
  • When you get kicked you can see the reason in Battlelog.
  • Ranked Servers can be changed to unranked Servers.
  • Battlelog application for iPhone.
  • Battlelog can be updated without patching the game so we can get new stuff faster.
  • No weather or time changing in game.
  • No comment on the Battlerecorder.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The Battlefield 3 beta is less than a week away, and graphics card maker Nvidia revealed to us that they plan to release brand new, custom drivers just in time for the Battlefield 3 beta. The new, Battlefield 3-specific GeForce drivers are set to arrive on September 26, a day ahead of the beta release. The drivers will make sure the game (beta) runs smooth with no driver incompatibilities, something which happened with the Bad Company 2 beta last year.

The new drivers will also make sure the beta can take full advantage of Nvidia hardware, with the ability to max out features such as Tesselation. The drivers will also bring better performance across the board on Nvidia GeForce graphics cards.

We dunno if AMD will follow suit with their own set of drivers optimized for Battlefield 3. The beta starts on September 27 for those with early access, and on September 29 for everyone else.
http://bf3blog.com/2011/09/nvidia-preparing-special-drivers-for-battlefield-3-beta/

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Dice community manager Daniel Matros has dropped an internet bombshell by stating that a PC built around the Battlefield 3 recommended system requirements, which were released earlier this week, will only be able to run the game at Medium settings.

When asked if a single Nvidia GeForce GTX 580 1.5GB would have enough power to run the game at Ultra settings, Matros went on to say that if you were aiming for that level of detail from the Frostbite 2 engine, then you’ll probably need two GeForce GTX 580s in SLI configuration.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming...mpaign=Feed:+bit-tech/all+(bit-tech.net+feed)

:cry:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So, whos pre ordered this? I have and 'should' get my early access beta key later this afternoon.... :thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Nope, I've held off for now so I can see if it appears on steam in a couple of months :). I may end up just buying if not, but I really hope it will appear on steam soon (fairly confident it will).

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
:D

Though its coming in at full speed of 4.5Mb/s not 3.5 as its says... I really was expecting EA's servers to crash and burn today! Fair play to them for being able to keep up with the demand........ Thus far anyway.

nP8xG.png

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
By the way, just in case you forgot, it you have Medal of honour Limited Edition on steam you also will find you have a key for the early access beta. ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
What do you think of the Origin platform so far?

Looking forward to hearing what you think of the beta :D

Ask a Question