Battlefield 3

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The sites just gone live. :)

http://www.ea.com/uk/battlefield3

Game Info

Battlefield 3 allows you to feel the full impact of battle like never before. Powered by Frostbite 2, the next generation of DICE’s cutting-edge gaming engine, Battlefield 3 delivers spectacular visuals, earth-shattering destruction and real as hell combat gameplay providing a dramatic immersive First Person Shooter experience. One moment you may be marching down a hilltop listening to the hypnotic sound of a firefight in the distance or admiring the way the light reflects off the smoke plumes of ground to air missiles rising from the city you’re about to engage. The next you’re on an urban street, surrounded, claustrophobic, fighting for your life and looking eight ways at once with all your senses on high alert, chilled at the knowledge that the building you’re hiding behind can be your best friend or your worst enemy. Welcome to Battlefield 3.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer!

This is it! We are very excited to announce the first details on Battlefield 3 and to kickstart the preorders for the Limited Edition!

Battlefield 3 is the true successor to Battlefield 2. Beyond our signature multiplayer, we have also included a full single-player campaign and a co-op campaign – all straight out of the box. As for fan favourite features, how does the return of jets, prone, and 64-player multiplayer (on PC) sound? All this built with our powerful new game engine Frostbite 2, which you'll hear and see a lot of in the months leading up to launch. For the full reveal on Battlefield 3, stay tuned for links to our cover stories hitting the gaming press throughout February, starting with Game Informer right now.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat.../04/battlefield-3-is-coming-preorder-now.aspx

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Really looking forward to BF3 being released - this sounds like they are bringing back some of the best features :D. 64 player should be fun too ;)

Do you know anything about the minimum requirements for the game? I've had a google and can't find anything official yet. I hope that my q6600/8800 can handle this!

Reaction score
now were are talking , ive spent half of my life playing bf2 ( it seems like it anyway ) ... cant wait for this.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
While no official announcement of minimum requirements for Battlefield 3 have been made, we do know what engine the game will be running. Frostbite 2.0. Because of this we can estimate what requirements will be expected when Battlefield 3 hits shelves.

Minimum System Requirements
Processor: Dual Core
Memory: 2 GB
Hard Drive: 15 GB for Digital Version, 10 GB for Disc Version
Video Memory: 256 MB
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
DirectX: 10
Keyboard and Mouse
DVD Rom Drive

Recommended System Requirements
Processor: Quadcore Processor
Memory: 4 GB
Hard Drive: 15 GB for Digital Version, 10 GB for Disc Version
Video Memory: 512 MB
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
DirectX: 11
Keyboard and Mouse
DVD Rom Drive​

http://enterbf3.com/battlefield-3-minimum-requirements.php

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks V_R, looks like I should be able to run it - phew :D. I was half expecting higher requirements than that.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Dont forget that is just an estimate, though i think the minimum specs are a little optimistic personally, Recommended looks about right.

Good to see we can use a KB and mouse too! :p

Reaction score
Dont forget that is just an estimate, though i think the minimum specs are a little optimistic personally, Recommended looks about right.

Good to see we can use a KB and mouse too! :p

and a good old joystick to fly the planes ... hopefully.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The graphics in the new trailer look amazing :drool:

Perhaps I'm going to regret not picking up that bargain graphics card at OcUK!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
More BF3 goodness... :drool:

Gameplay footage, looking very good.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I thought i posted this first episode of this, but i clearly didn't! lol

Anyway...

Join us as we follow Staff Sgt. Blackburn and his team of U.S. Marines into the bad part of town in this first instalment of the Battlefield 3 Fault Line gameplay trailer series.

Follow our squad of U.S. Marines as they move to the rooftops to eliminate an enemy sniper in an abandoned hotel. This in-game footage from Battlefield 3 shows off the ANT animation technology in all its glory, with a climactic ending that speaks volumes of how the new Frostbite 2 engine handles destruction. Stay tuned for Episode III on March 30. See more at www.battlefield.com!

Battlefield 3 Limited Edition features the digital expansion pack Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand at no extra charge. This themed multiplayer expansion pack includes four legendary maps from Battlefield 2 boldly re-imagined with Frostbite 2 physics, destruction and visuals. Completing the package are classic Battlefield 2 weapons and vehicles, unique rewards, new achievements/trophies, and more. Players anxious to start the fight can pre-order the Battlefield 3 Limited Edition now at EA Store at this link:
http://bit.ly/hf49Oy

Reaction score
Impossibly excited by this.

I still play BF2 now. Played BF Bad Company as my brother bought it and it was cack. Probably had something to do with my pooter not being up to scratch to play it though.

64 players, amazing graphics, jets, helicopters, tanks, APCs, Jeeps. Massive maps. Phwoar.

Can't wait to run up behind a tank and blow it up with satchel charges again.

CSB

Reaction score
Looking very cool and no aliens in this one right ?

Will have to get me thinks.:thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Battlefield 3 Back to Karkand map pack detailed​

DICE have released more information on the Battlefield 3 Back to Karkand map pack that will come with pre-orders of Battlefield 3, and be available as extra DLC at launch.

The lead designer of the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam expansion is heading up development on the pack, which will include Battlefield 2 weapons and vehicles, and a selection of classic Battlefield maps, described as “four of the best Battlefield maps ever created by DICE.” Read on for more details, some Strike at Karkand concept art and a fiery Battlefield 3 wallpaper pic.

Strike at Karkand, Wake Island, Gulf of Oman, and Sharqi Peninsula are the four maps included in Back to Karkand. All of the maps have been rebuilt from the ground up to work with the Frostbite 2 engine.

Lead designer on the map pack, Niklas Fegraeus, writes on the Battlefield blog how this will effect one of the pack’s most famous maps, Strike at Karkand, saying “destruction is the biggest addition compared to the original map in Battlefield 2 back in 2005. I remember this particular building by the square in the original where players could defend very effectively. Now, with the destructive power of Frostbite 2, someone can just RPG that building and expose the defenders within.

“Back to Karkand will also include iconic Battlefield 2 weapons and vehicles to bring back to the base game, new unlocks and persistence, and more content that we will talk about later,” he adds.

Back to Karkand comes free with pre-orders of Battlefield 3, available now on the Battlefield 3 site. Check out our most recent Battlefield 3 preview for more on the game, or have a watch of the 12 minutes of in-game footage DICE released a few weeks ago. Here’s that shiny new concept art.

(Click for bigger)​

Also another Video..... Pretty much the same footage though...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Seriously tempted to upgrade a year early just so that I can run this at max details!

Ask a Question