Battlefield: Bad Company 2

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Developed by EA DICE | Release Date: March 5th 2010

A direct sequel to last year's console-exclusive game, Bad Company 2 picks back up with the derelict B Company, which comprises a fictitious US military's expendable misfits and outcasts. Destructible environments, which were a core component of the original game, will again play front and center in Bad Company 2, thanks to further revisions to its proprietary Frostbite game engine.

Key Features

# 8 Huge Multiplayer Maps. Each with a different tactical and gameplay focus and set across a variety of environments
# Ultimate Online Vehicle Warfare! 15 land, sea and air vehicles, each with a tactical advantage during play. Race into action with the ATV or rain death from above in the UH-60 transport helicopter with its 2 side-mounted rail guns
# All-new Squad Gameplay. Team up with 3 other players and fight together to unlock special awards and achievements in 2 squad-specific game modes
# Destruction 2.0. Take down entire buildings, create firepoints in cover or blow it up entirely! In Battlefield Bad Company 2 there will be no place to hide!
# ‘Play It Your Way’ experiment and refine your ideal combat style with 4 character classes (medic, assault, recon and engineer), 15000+ kit variations, 46 weapons (200 different customization opportunities), 15 gadgets and 13 character specializations.
# Awards and Achievements, combat efficiency and performance is rewarded with special awards such pins, stars and insignias which contribute to unlocking 50 ranks

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Required: Internet connection required to install and play.
Processor: Intel Core 2 or better / AMD 64 X2 or better
Memory: 1 GB for XP / 1.5 GB for Vista and Windows 7
Hard Drive: At least 10 GB of free space
DVD-ROM: 8x Speed
Video Card: 256MB RAM with support for shader model 3*
Sound Card: Direct X 9.0c compatible
DirectX: Version 9.0c (included)
Online: 2 – 10 Players
Input: Keyboard, Mouse, VOIP headset

Supported video cards: Nvidia GeForce 6800 or better, ATI Radeon X1600 or better. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Totally forgot about a thread for this!

Pre ordered it a while ago, If you bought it via Steam is can now be preloaded. :)

Bought it via EA Store and you can play it now! :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Wel, played this for a while, SP only as EA have broken the MP side and at time of typing no one can joni a game! (retail or Steam versions) :rolleyes:

SP is good so far, screenies below, 1920x1200, all maxed with 8x MSAA and HBAO on.

Randomly i have a white pixel in the game, only this game. Bottom right corner. Random. :confused:

9rpr13.jpg

zn7qsg.jpg

244y93b.jpg

10h4r6d.jpg

2ij3kpj.jpg

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
This game is EPIC!!! :cool:

Played loaad of MP now, last night was on all night with mates on TeamSpeak3, in a squad of 4. Man this is great for teamwork. really rewarding!
nod.gif

Cod MW2 is sooooooo dead!
laughingsmiley.gif

A few MP screenies below, none from last night though....

xqlw09.jpg

2e64xp0.jpg

ojfhg5.jpg

Reaction score
Game does look good,but i find it's a bit buggy..and that stupid little white dot is annoying,they should fix that already..I prefer modern warfare 2 and i don't like that game much..stupid thing won't even let me redeem my limited edition codes..keep getting cannot connect message.Over all i think this game was rushed to market..especially since many people complained about that white dot during the beta stage and they did nothing about it.Also had to force vsync in my nvidia control panel..doesn't seem to stick when done through the game menu...Still hope they release a patch that fixes some of the issues with this game until then it's a half assed release by the king of half ass releases EA

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You prefer MW2 to this!!!?!?!! :confused::(

There are some bugs in the game i know, one white pixel though, i can deal with that as the other god knows how many still look good. :)

There is patches that will be released and will fix stuff, a DLC map pack has been anounced for the end of the month. Just wait til Actifail ask you for a tenner for their DLC.... :D

Reaction score
yep i do prefer modern warfare 2 to this because it doesn't crash on me when i try and and change video settings..this is a better game if it wasn't still a beta..and as far as patches go i'm sick of these companies releasing games unfinished and patching the crap out of them later..Why even release a beta?

now as far as the visuals,ya your right this game is beautiful but it's ****ing me off with all the other buggy stuff going on..i paid 60 dollars to play a finished game not for me to be a beta tester for EA ,they should be paying me for that.Regardless of how you feel about MW2,and i bet a agree with you on most of the criticisms of that game,you can't deny that on release it was a much more polished game,less bugs and such

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
One word, P2P or better still, pings. :p

MW2 had and still has many bugs. It too had a day one patch. ;)

Care package bug
Knife bug
Host Migration issues
Map glitches that should never have got past QA.

I could go on, but i wont, this isn't the MW2 thread.

I know some are having CTD's and other issues with this game. but ill be honest, it aint crashed on me once yet. :D

Reaction score
actually not so much of a crash as it goes white and i have to control alt delete to get out of my session then log back in to restart the game..only happens when i try and change anistropic filtering or AA before exiting out of the current campaign....I want that dot gone :)

What settings you run at V_R?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Retail or steam batts?

All maxed @ 1920x1200 is easy with my rig, though i have edited the settings.ini to turn off bloom and run in DX9 as it hinders visibility in MP. Goes back to my competitive CoD4 days lol.

Also set my FOV to 80.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
So what's this Battlefield Bad Company 2 like then? Is it a regular fps? I do like a good SP fps and if MP is good then that's a bonus. Worth getting?

And hiya Labbats, how you doing? :)

I note your comments about the glitches in the game and yes, it is annoying when a game is rush released full of bugs just so a company can cash in. EA truly are the pits when it comes to this, the most totally non-communicative PC Games outfit I know.

As for CoD MW2 thought I'd offer my POV.

The single player is superb, excellent game. Multiplayer works but imo it sucks.

Not a patch (no pun intended) on it's predecessors, Activision have truly messed up the franchise imo.

I played it about six times, and compared to the PC CoD MP's that had gone down before it, it was truly disappointing. Six times was enough for me to abandon it in MP.

My favourite CoD is CoD4 and I still play CoD5, 1 & 2 as well.

I'm tempted by this Battlefield Bad Company though but I didn't like the first few Battlefield games, which is why I'm asking if it's a true fps in the CoD spirit.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
So what's this Battlefield Bad Company 2 like then? Is it a regular fps? I do like a good SP fps and if MP is good then that's a bonus. Worth getting?
SP is good, MP is EPIC good! :D

From what i've read the steam version seems to be more stable, though more expensive, i have no idea why as its the same game, this is just what i've read.... :/

I got it on steam for ease.

Reaction score
Hiya Flops :)...the game is worth it,bugs and all..it really is stunning in some places..if they patch it up it will be a great game..And VR thanks for that settings utility works a charm

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Theres a patch due our tomorrow it seems....

Changelog below....

Single Player -
Fixed: Graphical issues on some systems on SP_03 (at start and when displaying background mountains at “Up river”)
Fixed: Character voice issue during cut scenes in SP_03b (only affected Spanish)
Fixed: Hang when killed using TOW Launchers in SP_05
Fixed: Graphical issue on some systems on SP_05 (displaying background mountains)
Fixed: Voice volume in cut scenes on SP_06
Fixed: Unexpected dialog at start of SP_08 (only affected Italian)
Fixed: Random crash in SP_09 cut scenes

Multi Player -
Fixed: Server Browser - Joining a password protected server results in a connection timeout
Fixed: Server Browser auto updating server list when reopened causing a timeout issue
Fixed: Server Browser showing “all servers” when re-entering browser on the History or Favorites tab.
Fixed: Password issue during Friend invites
Fixed: Password text field issue on joining a password protected server
Fixed: “Flickering” ship on Arica Harbor
Fixed: Clan tags that use numbers in them displaying a “0” on the Select Spawn Point screen
Fixed: Display issue on long server names
Fixed: Mortar Strike icon not updating (Beta issue)
Fixed: No “Exit Game” menu option appearing at the end of some rounds.
Fixed: Flickering user rank icon (appeared as an animated gif) when user reaches rank 10.
Fixed: Flickering trees and “Red Box” on Laguna Presa
Fixed: User is logged out when failing to create a new soldier
Fixed: Zeus stationary weapon not appearing in stats
Fixed: Zu23 not appearing in stats
Fixed: BMD3 AA not appearing in stats
Fixed: Friend request displaying incorrect Veteran stats
Fixed: End of Round screen displayed incorrect “UAV_Station” – now displays correct localized text.
Fixed: K/D ratio displays in the Front End
Fixed: K/D ratio displays correctly when “comparing”
Change: Server browser now defaults to list via Ping first
Change: News Ticker font support for Spanish, Polish, Russian and Japanese
Change: New message for server full (reported as “I get no message when I try and join a server, it does nothing”)
Change: New message displayed for attempting to join a password protected server without providing a password (reported as “I get no message when I try and join a server, it does nothing”)
Change: Displays version number on Front End Legal Screen
Change: Display of weapon icon during loading screen

Source: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/961469-new-patch-v522174-update.html

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
New Maps Getting installed this Morning;

At around 09:00 GMT March 30th, EA-IT will be conducting maintenance on the Plasma environmental back-end. This is expected to last approximately 1 hour and all BC2 game servers will be unavailable during this period.

Shortly after the maintenance window, we will enable Map Pack 2. The new maps can be added to your rotation by editing the maplist.txt under Default Configs Files within our Game Panel.

The new maps are as follows:

levels/mp_006cq Conquest Arica Harbor

levels/mp_009gr Rush Laguna Presa

Reaction score
After the latest update from dice and the newest nvidia drivers i can say that this game is amazing..that little white dot is still there but most other issues i was having with it are gone..very fun and beautiful game

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Patches soon....

Our current plan is to allow Steam to test the patch tonight and all being well we will look to release R7 client and R10 servers on Wednesday morning European time. I'll update more on that later once the details are finalised.

In the mean time here is the R7 client changelist.
  • MP – New Server browser
  • MP – Added 15 second spawn timer for Conquest/Rush gamemodes at the start of round to prevent high end machines getting the upper hand before other machines load in.
  • MP – Crash fixes relating to ALT+TAB at different times throughout the game
  • MP – Hang fix when trying to connect to a full server multiple times
  • MP – Deletion of soldiers now possible through the account pages in game
  • MP – Removed screen flash during loading
  • MP – Added support for colour blind players
  • MP – Fixed crashes relating to faulty server banners
  • MP – Servers closing during connection no longer cause the client to hang
  • MP – Auto team swap reflects correctly in the scoreboard
  • MP – Fixed scoreboards when switching teams before spawning
  • MP – Rush scoreboards fixed
  • MP – Veteran ranks no longer display as “12”
  • MP – Isla Innocentes MCOM building fixed where knifing the fence would destroy the building
  • MP – Logout/Login button correctly reflects the player status
  • MP – Added minimum number of players needed to start a round
  • MP – Isla Inocentes welcome message on the loading screen now fits the text box area
  • MP – Reduced the brightness in Russian vehicles
  • MP – Medic gadgets now display correctly if the defib is not unlocked
  • MP – Server filter options are remembered
  • MP – Punkbuster filter now works as intended
  • MP – Scroll bar no longer overlays the Join Server button in the friends list panel
  • MP – CANCEL server refresh is implemented
  • MP – Zooming in on a friendly using the SAIGA no longer causes the crosshair to disappear
  • MP – The chat no longer displays the incorrect player name when appearing
  • MP – FoV switches to the default value of 55 when entering vehicles to prevent graphical glitches caused by wider FoV settings. The custom FoV returns when exiting vehicles.
  • MP – FoV no longer causes the UAV station to rotate
  • MP – Fix to correctly display the unlock progression at the end of round
  • MP – Chat functionality will no longer freeze after writing a partial message at the end of round
  • MP – One account can no longer connect to the same server multiple times
  • MP – Squad Death Match is correctly named during loading
  • MP – Server browser no longer gets a bad FPS when filtering Conquest
  • MP – Server info banners correctly clear between displays
  • MP – Setting display settings which the system hardware can not handle no longer makes the game unusable
  • MP – Correct camera collision for vehicles' heavy machine gun
  • MP – Game no longer crashes if the player sends a message in the loading screen
  • MP – Trying to join a full server no longer causes the game to hang on Please Wait message
  • MP – Most server filter options are remembered it doesn't remember the setting in dropdowns
  • MP – Kit/gadget loadout saved between sessions
  • SP – Fixed crashes when patching and trying to resume a campaign (there is now a message that you need to re-play the latest mission from the beginning)
  • SP – Fixed a crash after the “Upriver” mission end cinematic
  • SP – Supply create at “Resupply at Flynn’s create” objective now supplies weapon ammo
  • SP – Hang fix when reaching the objective “Destroy Enemy Zu23”
  • SP – Fixed hang after “Storm Cockpit” objective
  • SP – Changed melee attack raycast to be detailed
  • SP – Game no longer crashes when transitioning between SP_03B to SP_04A when installed in Polish
  • SP – Game no longer crashes when killed by the first two enemies in the trenches on SP_01 when installed in Italian
  • SP – Updating to R7 will invalidate your single player save game. If you update you will need to play your last mission from the start. If you do not update you will not be able to play multiplayer.
Here is the R10 Server changelist
  • Punkbuster is required ON for ranked servers
  • Ranked servers cannot be started with a password
  • Autobalance message goes to text-chat instead of in the middle of the screen
  • Added weapon balance tweaks to a number of weapons – we are eagerly awaiting feedback!
We aren't going to tell you what weapon balance tweaks we have done, we want your unbiased views on the changes before we detail what has changed.

Ask a Question