Alton Towers Fun!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I had a day trip to Alton Towers yesterday with a few friends from university, and I think we picked the best day possible to go - we didn't have to queue for anything apart from 15 mins at the new Rita roller-coaster.

Nemesis, Oblivion etc... were all straight on :eek:, I've never seen the park quiet like this before! The afternoon england match plus schools still in made such a good day :thumb:

What are your favourite rides here if you have been? I really liked them all and can't pick a favourite, as even some of the tame ones (the water rafting/log flume) provided some of the most fun. We were absolutely drenched as we crammed 5 of us into a flume - but it was such a laugh :lol:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
We got tickets from their website for £18, but I think you're right it can be expensive normally.

Reaction score
Coool thanks mate.

I bet you just went on the charlie chocolate factory ride all day didnt ya ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thats one of the only ones I avoided ;)

Managed all of the roller-coasters apart from the pinball one which was closed, a few of the smaller rides plus the log flume, rapids x 2 and duel x 2 :D

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Thats one of the only ones I avoided ;)

Managed all of the roller-coasters apart from the pinball one which was closed, a few of the smaller rides plus the log flume, rapids x 2 and duel x 2 :D
Loony June:lol:
Must admit went on the log flume years ago & packed the front with the heavy people( i was once slim), who got soaking wet:thumb:

Reaction score
Like you said Ian, you get the best experience when nobodys there. Me, my old man and brother used to go up there on closure days and just go round and round the rides aaaaaaaallll day :D
Great fun:)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Sounds like you picked the perfect day to go Ian!

Last time i went was last year, Hoping to go later this year but is a bit os a trek from here. :(

Rita is the best! Closely followed by Oblivion and Air. Nemisis isn't bad either. I do like Oblivion gives you a great rush! :D

You cant beat the Flume ride for all out fun factor though!
nod.gif

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Home sweet Home

Good old Staffordshire eh...the place to be :p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm jealous :D

I've never been to Alton Towers but do intend to go one day.

I've been to Thorpe Park with my daughters on days when school is still on and have been able to just stay on many rides, great fun. Not sure if Nemesis and Oblivion at Thorpe Park are the same as the ones at Alton Towers but they're my favourites. And being in front car really does put a whole new perspective on a ride.

And before my girls got older, I used to take them to Chessington World of Adventures as well. Again, on a non-busy day. Rode the Vampire ride, front carriage, three times last time we went :) Brill.

Sounds like you had a great day Ian, excellent.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Its well worth it Floppy! Not sure how far it is from London though, maybe a few hours?

Does nemesis have rivers of blood and basically go all over the place, and oblivion a straight drop down - if so they are probably the same :D

"Air" is good too, they strap you in a sitting position, and then pull you back in your seat to be horizontal with the horizon - you go upside down on the track for long periods and it's like you are flying! An amazing sensation :thumb:

Ask a Question