Alton Towers Today

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've just got back from a great day at Alton Towers, but WOW did it rain!!! The queue for things like Nemesis were almost non existant, but the rollercoasters did have to keep stopping because of the rain.

What a good (and wet!) day out :) I would normally post some pics, but I didn't take any as my camera would have drowned if I had taken it out of my pocket.

Reaction score
LOL never mind mate. Nice to know you had a good day, not been Alton towers for years. TBH after a few rides ive had enough so can never really justify the cost of getting in

At least we've had a some sun here locally today tho ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Not fair, i been tryin to get everyone organised for a trip to AT for ages... Rain or no rain its great fun!
nod.gif

Last time i went to Thorpe Park it rain like hell, colossus was fun in the wet! :D

Glad you enjoyed it Ian, Did Bex go too?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah Bex took a day off work (hence we had to go today otherwise the day would be wasted), plus a couple of friends living 2 floors below.

Managed to do all the good rides plus nemesis a 2nd time in the day, so worked out quite well. We ended up waiting 40 mins for "air" mainly due to a breakdown, then 30 mins for rita because it can't go in the rain (so fast it hurts when it rains apparently!).

Reaction score
I went Thorpe Park in the damp a few weeks ago and it is brilliant. The place empties and the longest queues are about 20 mins.

Love it :D

Reaction score
Sounds good
but today the weather was so very very weird.

We had showers, sunshine, more showers more sunshine
and then somewhere in that we had wait for it a RAINBOW and even stranger we had lightning and thunder and hailstones.

I am getting a little bit worried here now, where has summer got to!?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I blame that bloody awful Umbrella record thats #1 atm!
laughingsmiley.gif

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
psd99 said:
Sounds good
but today the weather was so very very weird.

We had showers, sunshine, more showers more sunshine
and then somewhere in that we had wait for it a RAINBOW and even stranger we had lightning and thunder and hailstones.

I am getting a little bit worried here now, where has summer got to!?

Sounds like you got some of our weather psd :nod:
We've been having the weirdest winter down here with quite a few days like that.
One minute it will be pounding down like it's set in for the week.
Then suddenly it's all bright & sunny, not a cloud in the sky.
Then then suddenly it's pounding down again :confused:
but it's all been sunshine the last few days so we must've swapped weathers :D
Unfortunately it's suppossed to p*ss down for the next two days.
But then, last week John & I were out driving in the sunshine while a radio weatherman was telling us that it was pouring down all over the country :confused:
Must've been some other country I reckon :nod:
Never mind, All in all it has been a very mild winter with only one, very light, snowfall so far & hardly any frost even.
who said there's no such thing as global warming? :lol:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
I havent been to a decent amusment park in ages, i miss being twisted silly on a roller coaster :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
One of these days I'll get to Alton Towers, oh yes I will :)

Was trying to organise a three day coach trip down the pub but was treated with almost apathy :(

Oh well.

Have been to Thorpe Park so many times I now have my own bench plaque ;)

Good to see you had a good time despite the rain Ian & Bex :thumb:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
It was great fun! :D

We knew from the start we were going to get wet, so when the heavens opened and we got a soaking we weren't too fussed. It also meant the queues were nice and short ;)

I think I may have trench foot from walking round in soggy trainers all day though...

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Back home tomorrow , to sunny Staffs , near 5 miles from Alton Towers, glad you had a great day Ian despite the weather, i have a couple of buy 1 get 1 free tickets at home if anyone is serious about going. Could have posted you some Ian . Not missing the weather though (lol)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
We had some buy-one-get-one-free vouchers - but thanks for the offer Rush! :) It;s so expensive if you pay full price!

Ask a Question