British Superbikes @ Silverstone - 27/09/2010

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
All pics are also in the Gallery.

So it was Sunday, early start and rain in the afternoon. Still a wicked day out though. Had better weather last year was sunny and i came home with a tan! lol

I did take way more pics than this, but lets be honest, to some its just bikes driving round a track. :p

I cannot express just how loud the bigger (Superbikes, Supersport etc) bikes are! :D

Early Morning Warm Ups....

BSB_01_original.jpg

One Day this will be mine! Nissan GTR...

BSB_02_original.jpg

Latest Yamaha R1..

BSB_03_original.jpg

Superstock 600's...

BSB_04_original.jpg

BSB_05_original.jpg

BSB_06_original.jpg

BSB_07_original.jpg

BSB_08_original.jpg

Midday Entertainment...

BSB_09_original.jpg

BSB_10_original.jpg

Nutters doing silly things over a truck!

BSB_11_original.jpg

BSB_12_original.jpg

BSB_13_original.jpg

BSB_14_original.jpg

Back to the racing, The main event: The BSB. It lasted 4 laps then the Red flag went out as it started raining quite heavily.....

BSB_15_original.jpg

....See...? lol

BSB_16_original.jpg

Stopped raining , but still very wet...

BSB_17_original.jpg

Michael Rutter with Josh Brookes right up his ***!

BSB_18_original.jpg

Supersport 1000's

BSB_19_original.jpg

Sam Lowes Celebrating winning the Supersport Series....

BSB_20_original.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Great pics V_R, despite the grotty weather. :thumb: You got some amazing shots of those acrobatic stunts. Thanks for sharing with us. :D

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Awesome pics V_R. Did they have any of the MotoGP bikes there ? When I went to Brands a few weeks back they had the Rizla Suzuki GSV-R there. If ya think the supersport and Superbikes are loud. Them MotoGP bikes are naughty loud. Think I might have the pics and vids still, although not of best quality.

Edit: Talking of loud, Michael Rutter's Ducati is bl**dy loud and you can feel the noise from it, like a thumping in yer chest almost/

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah the Moto GP bikes are very loud i hear, Not seen them in person but my bro went to Donny last year (i think it was last year) to see them he said they were crazy noisy!

Will probs go see the Moto GP next year....

I got a few Vid's actually, may have to youtube them...

Yeah the Ducati's make a flippng awesome sound dont they! :D

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
V_R said:
my bro went to Donny last year (i think it was last year) to see them he said they were crazy noisy!

Yeah the Ducati's make a flippng awesome sound dont they! :D

Donny would have been the year before I think. Last year they were doing the resurfacing etc to try win the bid for the Formula 1.
Them Ducatis are awesome, they are a sound to their own. Although a good set up inline 4 1000 cc having the nuts rung out of it also sounds good.
Back to Ducati. My neighbour has one of them £70 000 Desmocidici 16 RR, the replica of what Casey Stoner rides, well based on the 2006 Ducati GP6 motogp bike. Now that is loud. Went out for a lil ride with him and I had to ring the spuds of my R6 just to try even keep up with him. One day when I win lotto I want Desmo 16 RR
:D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The RR is a very tasty bike indeed. :)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
V_R said:
The RR is a very tasty bike indeed. :)

The one to have is the first one they brought out. Look up the MCN test on Youtube. Its pretty much a road legal Ducati GP 6 as what was ridden in 2006, just with lights and a very de tuned motor. The ones after that they stopped using all the exotic materials. Carbon/kevlar now replaced with fibre glass, Titanium now replaced by normal extruded steal. The first one out was pushing near 230bhp. The newer ones are down to around 160 -170 bhp. Not that that bothers me though. Still want one along with a Nissan Gt-R. And as for the Gt-R if I had £200 000 I would go for the Nismo tuned GT-R. Now that is yummy :)