VR rollercoaster space ride at Alton Towers

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I'm not sure how this news passed me by, but earlier in the year Alton Towers announced a new ride called 'Galactica' which will combine VR with a rollercoaster to make you feel like you are flying through space!! :D

From their website:

Our flight plan will take you on a mesmerising journey through the wonders of space. You will fly across heavenly clouds on the Great Orion Nebula, lava lakes on Nero 5, frozen landscapes on Kepler 9, and even witness the birth of a new star. This will be a voyage not to be missed.

Sounds amazing! :thumb:

https://www.galacticatours.com/

Looks like it will be open to the public in April. The only downside is that with all the problems I've had with my back I'm not meant to go on rollercoasters... :cry:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
That does sound good, I love rollercoasters / Thrill rides! :D

Alton Towers is a bit of a trek from us, but Do want to go back at some point, was a good few years since we last went! Oblivion is much fun!

I've done Thorpe Park many times, 30 mins away! Fright nights was much fun, The Swarm, in the dark. backwards! :D

Reaction score
The graphics look great on the advert. We once did the Star Trek Experience at the Hilton Las Vegas and there they did a ride on the bridge of the Star Ship Enterprise and you were supposed to be threatened with kidnap by the Klingon s which was very good. Unfortunately it is no longer there.:lol::lol::nod::nod::nod:

Reaction score
Did some work on behalf of Merlin a while back and this is the big new ride for 2016.
Sadly when up at Alton Towers they would not let us ride it, we reckon it was a weight issue!!
Or thats what we told our colleges back at base!!:p

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Alton Towers is a bit of a trek from us, but Do want to go back at some point, was a good few years since we last went! Oblivion is much fun!

Agreed! Oblivion is awesome, although Ian's not keen. They've got some great rides - only 3 hours away from London too :D

We once did the Star Trek Experience at the Hilton Las Vegas and there they did a ride on the bridge of the Star Ship Enterprise and you were supposed to be threatened with kidnap by the Klingon s which was very good.

That sounds excellent! Shame it's not there any more, I would have liked to give that a try. Was it a simulator ride?

Sadly when up at Alton Towers they would not let us ride it, we reckon it was a weight issue!!

That's rubbish! Better to be safe than sorry though, they've had their fair share of issues with Health & Safety recently.

Reaction score
They got very defensive with us, more so when they realised one of my colleges is ex HSE.
Seems even though AL & Merlin are admitting liability over the accident their sense of humour is lost too!!

Reaction score
upload_2016-3-14_17-54-18.png

Photo of USS Enterprise and Quarks Bar and Restaurant, the wife and got married on this first trip to Vegas in the " The World Famous Little White Chapel"

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Agreed! Oblivion is awesome, although Ian's not keen. They've got some great rides - only 3 hours away from London too :D

I actually did a quick route on GMaps after I posted my last, its quicker than I thought, around 2 and a half hours without traffic (just outside west London). Hmmmm, now to see if something can be organised! :D