Your Weekend?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone been up to anything exciting this weekend?

Its my first week back at University this week, so its been a bit hectic so far. Developing some interesting rocket avionics stuff, so it should keep my occupied for the next 9 months :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Since you asked, I was evaluating two pairs of speakers for my friend who insisted on a proper two day demo at my home with my system. He is trying to put together a system. I arranged all the components to be delivered at my place. I had decided on the amplifier and cd player earlier which happen to be NAD C372 amplifier and NAD C542 CD Player. The two pair of speakers in question and I am in the midst of evaluating are Kef Q7 and JM Lab Chorus 726s. It's been an interesting afternoon/evening so far with all the equipment littered in my living/listening room and large boxes in the lounge.

Me wife was not very happy me playing with the toys so she left to spend the afternoon with friends :D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Cassandra Wilson-New Moon Daughter
Dominic Miller – Shapes
Joni Mitchell – Clouds, Both Sides Now
Keb Mo – Slow Down
Patricia Barber – Cafe Blue
Pablo de Sarasate-Zigeunerweisen op 20 (from Carmen Fantasy) Anne Sophie Mutter with Weiner Philharmoniker
Eagles - Hell Freezes Over
Eleanor McEvoy - Yola
Clair Teal - Don't Talk

Reaction score
Keb Mo was on that blues programe last night it was directed by Martin Scorsese

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
ladypcer said:
Does helping Mucks, count? :D
Shall I do the "what did you do today Daddy" ... again?

Heck, everyday is a weekend for me. :p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Worked in morning, chatted on Skype in afternoon, drinking beer now, feeling kinda tired.

Greenwich Market tomorrow, pub in late afternoon, home for meal, bed.

Fair takes yer breath away, don't it? The excitement of it all :D

Chris Pickering

Monkey Island Fanboy
Reaction score
Spent my weekend so far mainly feeling ill, forcing myself to play through 5 games for review purposes (Taito Legends, Dawn of War: Winter Assault, Brian Lara International Cricket, Fahrenheit, and Fable), starting to write up review of Taito Legends and Ghostbusters UMD, and trying to play as much of Football Manager 2006 as possible!

This freelance writing lark is hard work, especially when your ill :(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hope you're feeling better soon Chris!

Just watching Shawshank Redemption at the moment - great film :D

Reaction score
Slept...

Done some re-arranging of the home network, installing new Hardware Firewall...

Went out shopping in Portsmouth...

Got new Hard Drive...

Just playing with MP3's on my phone atm :)

Reaction score
Friday night i had the Sarah (Tangos and Saucepans) over...

Saturday morning... and Saturday evening :p

I'll probably wash my car tomorrow when Sarahs at work...then might go round hers for a bit after...

Had my cousin over too from Thursday until Today - he brought his '91 309 (and broke down on the way) so had some fun trying to fix it up ;)

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
As a temporary 'lady of leisure' my week days and week-end days are quite similar. Friday night - had tea then TV whilst youngest daughter swimming. Saturday - went ot the opening of a friend's chiropractic clinic, then into town for some shopping. Made the tea (again!!) and then out for a quick drink and back to watch some TV. Today....on the PCR forum, making dinner later and who knows what later on??

Gabs xx

muckshifter

Reaction score
gabriella said:
As a temporary 'lady of leisure' my week days and week-end days are quite similar. Friday night - had tea then TV whilst youngest daughter swimming. Saturday - went ot the opening of a friend's chiropractic clinic, then into town for some shopping. Made the tea (again!!) and then out for a quick drink and back to watch some TV. Today....on the PCR forum, making dinner later and who knows what later on??

Gabs xx
??? aint you supposed to be resting ??

;)

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi Mucks

Believe me, this is resting!! My normal day to day routine is full on and hectic!!!

Can't drive till the end of October which will be a killer. In my humble opinion, there are 2 ways to go about my life post op. I could adopt the lily livered 'I can't lift a kettle for 3 months and pass me grapes on the settee' or just take things steady. A bit of walking punctuated with cuppas and carrying no more than a small designer carrier bag and being chauffered around is quite nice. I can cook basic stuff with my army of helpers passing heavy pans etc..... and still meet the doc's requirements!!

All in all and only 2 weeks post op I think I'm doing pretty good and I do sit and read/watch tv in the afternoon and have the cups of tea and grapes/chocs passed to me if I am feeling weak!!!!

Love

Gabs xx

muckshifter

Reaction score
ah, now that's better ... my fist impression was seeing you running around willy-nilly not having a thought for yourself ... glad I am wrong. :D

Enjoy! ;)

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
I am having a little rest on the settee with the wireless laptop as we speak and trying not to watch the Golf Channel on Skey (didn't even know there was such a thing!!!) - husband just back from Sunday am golf and watching other people playing in America!!!!

Gabs xx

Reaction score
well friday i had a party for my mates birthday ... then saturday morning around 7 i had to wake up for work with my dad, worked untill 1.30 had to ride home on his super bike!! scary lol and cold ... got home expecting my computer parts to have arrived which hadnt!! so went on down to belloni's at around 6 i think and had a laugh with him, stayed the night there after coming back from meeting all my mates and girlfriend, was supposed to be home at 11 so i could get ready for football at 12.15 but ended up sleeping in untill 11.30 !! after belloni made a noise and i woke up i looked at the time and then got my clothes on and basically ran home lol 20 mins later got home and saw all my computer parts there :D but no time to stare i went and got my footy kit on and went to football till 3, got home and built the pc :p

Ask a Question