Spam

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Is it just me or are others getting a lot less spam over the last few weeks?

I used to get 4-5 spam emails per day but I've noted that recently I'm only getting 2-3 per WEEK. I haven't changed anything in Settings or anywhere else so, how this has happened, I don't know. Have MS done anything to cut back on spam in general? Or Google ( I use Gmail )?

I am, BTW, very pleased about this and hope that it continues.

Any comments anyone?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I have 2 e-mail addresses. One for this site which is gmail and I forward that to my TalkTalk email which is my main email account all accesssed via Outlook 2010 Pro. I think the amount of spam I have got has dropped quite a lot over the last 2 months.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I have a feeling it is AI at work and doing a fantastic job, referring to Google/Gmail that is.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Googles spam filter is very good, a lot of it won't even make it into your spam folder never mind your inbox.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Sounds like AI is doing a good job. I checked it out and it seems that it has been going on for a number of years.

It's just that I noticed a big change, almost overnight, a few months back. Nice to see a practical application for AI. :)

Ask a Question