Reaction score
I need these files which are part of the XP OS:

BdaPlgln.ax

MSDvbNP.ax

PsisRndr.ax

PsisDecd.dll

BdaSup.sys

Can anybody here help out?

Here's the story and why I need those files.

My eldest daughter's mother, my ex, recently gave her an old Toshiba laptop, it's about 7 to 9 years old, works well, so I got her a wireless PDMIA NIC (now working well) and a Hauppage TV Nova T USB stick.

The TV tuner would not work with the laptop because it needed a USB 2 port and the laptop only has USB 1 ports. I didn't realise that.

So I thought I'd use the tuner with my XP machine in my bedroom.

I downloaded latest Hauppage drivers and software but couldn't install it as it prompted me for XP SP3 to load the above files from.

It also asked for ksuser.dll / ks.sys / tsbyuv.dll / ksproxy.ax which I found in Windows/System 32 folder.

I inserted the XP CD I have which is slipstreamed with SP3 but can't find the files anywhere on it. I also can't find the files anywhere on my hard disk or in the CD that Hauppage supplied.

I tried installing anyway but it wouldn't work, stating the drivers were not installed correctly.

So I uninstalled the Hauppage folder from Program files and returned the Tuner stick to PC World where I got my forty quid back.

And now I find I can't play mpeg files, regardless of which media player I choose. Alternative Media Player is default plus I also have Nero, Creative and Windows Media players.

When I try to play a video mpeg file it asks me for the CD containing SP3 but does not specify which files it needs. I'm hoping that if I can get the above listed system files it will put things right.

I have reinstalled the Klite codec pack, that didn't help.

I do actually have this OS backed up and can reinstate but I'd rather stay with this install, if only to keep my e-mails.

I can't find my original download of SP3 but I suppose I must have had it at some stage for me to be able to make the slipstreamed XP CD. I haven't looked very hard for it, must admit and I'm guessing SP3 can still be downloaded from MS's site but trying those above files first would be preferable.

I have Googled extensively but all sites purporting to supply dll files and the like are cons, or all the ones I tried were anyway.

If you can help out I think the files can be added to posts here as attachments as they're small; they could be hosted on FTP or possibly e-mailed to me.

If you can help - thanks.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i have bdaplgin.ax, msdvbnp.ax and psisndr.ax

i'll do another search and see if i can find the others

Edit: have found the others aswell

Attachments

• files.zip
    210.1 KB · Views: 1,410
Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
i have bdaplgin.ax, msdvbnp.ax and psisndr.ax

i'll do another search and see if i can find the others

Edit: have found the others aswell

Thank you SO much for gathering those files, it's really apreciated :thumb:

Just out of interest, if you can remember, where were those files?

And oddly enough, I put those files with the others required in a folder within 'My Documents' but done nothing else.

Now when I open all mpeg files, they're playing.

Very confusing :confused:

Again, thank you :)

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
Sorry flopps wasn't really paying attention to where they were, i'll have a look tomorrow night when i'm next at my PC. Laptop doesn't seem to have any of them on it :confused:

Reaction score
If you have the SP3 CD, try to put it in the CD drive, then go to start and click the "Run" utility. On the run utility, type
src /scannow type it the way you see it. Its "src" then Space" then "slash" then "scannow"
This helps, because the system copies all the corrupted files from the CD. I hope it will work as it did for me. I
If it doesnt, try to repair your OS, this also might help

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
clydeartwork said:
If you have the SP3 CD, try to put it in the CD drive, then go to start and click the "Run" utility. On the run utility, type
src /scannow type it the way you see it. Its "src" then Space" then "slash" then "scannow"
This helps, because the system copies all the corrupted files from the CD. I hope it will work as it did for me. I
If it doesnt, try to repair your OS, this also might help

Thanks for that but as explained above, all is good now :)

Ask a Question