xp component needed to open mdb file

Reaction score
Friends I am new in the forum.I am using microxp in VM, which is nlited version of xp sp3. During intallation of codeware compress , an engineering software, I get final error " user.mdb " can not be opened.Please let me know which component of windows xp help programs to read mdb files and how can i install that component in microxp. Microxp is a slipstreamed xp which dont contain all xp builtin component to read mdb files of programs.

Last edited by a moderator:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Please let me know which component of windows xp help programs to read mdb files

That is a Microsoft Access Database file. You will need to install MS Office/Access or may be able to use the free LibreOffice. YMMV.

:user:

Reaction score
You are absolutely right dear. I again elaborate my question. When I use windows xp SP3 in Virtual box and install my software codeware compress evaluation it works fine. But xp sp3 covers too much space.

I come across a nlited version of xp sp3 and installed in virtual box. When i install my software at the end of installation i get error that user.mdb can not be read. This is because of any component or driver which is not present in microxp. I just want to install that component. I think this component may be related to ODBC or DOA but I am not confirmed. Therefore i have tried to ask you seniors.

In the directory of software there are asme.mdb and user.mdb files which contain software data. The software work with full xp SP3 but i want to use microsp due to small size and only difficulty is that some component related to mdb files are missing.

Hope you will understand now.

Ask a Question