Windows 10 New Win 10 File Explorer

Reaction score
I'm just not getting on with the new Win 10 File Explorer.
MS have changed the format without any explanatory help at all.
I used to have a list of all my folders/Files and when I plugged in a usb or sd card or Phone/Camera it showed as an input down the left hand side.
Now I have trouble finding them. Is there any clear explanatory info I can look at that might help? Or.....Is there any way to get back to the old format?
Sorry if this is a bit basic but having used the old format for the last 19 years this has thrown me a bit!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi @Biscuitman,

I'm not sure if I fully understand, but would like to help :). Are the items you are looking for located under the "This PC" in the left hand menu, and you'd like that to be expanded each time you open explorer, so you can see your drives/devices more easily?

Reaction score
Apologies for not replying to the above but life got in the way!! I managed to sort my problem just by hunting around all the options. Pretty basic stuff I shouldn't have bothered you with . Thanks

Ask a Question