XP 64, freeze on install.

When I try to install XP64 on my AMD 64 machine it freezes at what seems to be the same point every time, 35%. I shut down and restart and the install continues from there, but when windows tries to load it freezes every time. System specs are AMD 64 3200+, 512MB of PC3500, 5700 Ultra, and installing on a ATA 7200 drive. Please help.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

There is a new newsgroup dedicated to the Windows 64-bit edition.
Please repost your inquiry there:

Newsgroup Support for Windows for 64-Bit Extended Systems
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/64bit/extended/trial/support.mspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP