XP Install Problems ? 64 bit ?

G

I have installed xp dozens of times and have never encountered the problems that I am having recently. Either the computer encounters setup errors during the install, or it freezes and during the service pack 1 installation. In either case I have not been able to run xp properly. The last freeze was ... Setup cannot copy the file: iyuv_32.dll ... approx 86% of the way into the setup. Using another xp disk and "retrying" doesn't solve the problem, and I doubt both disks would be flawed identically. Tried both of my CD drives with no success. I have one IDE hard drive to which I am making the installation (the other drives are SATA in RAID configs, but I'm not depending upon them at this point in the installation). This rig has a ASUS SK8V Mb, which utilizes a AMD 64 FX-53 CPU and 2Gb RAM. Appreciate any help.

G

polymerone said:
I have installed xp dozens of times and have never encountered the problems that I am having recently. Either the computer encounters setup errors during the install, or it freezes and during the service pack 1 installation. In either case I have not been able to run xp properly. The last freeze was ... Setup cannot copy the file: iyuv_32.dll ... approx 86% of the way into the setup. Using another xp disk and "retrying" doesn't solve the problem, and I doubt both disks would be flawed identically. Tried both of my CD drives with no success. I have one IDE hard drive to which I am making the installation (the other drives are SATA in RAID configs, but I'm not depending upon them at this point in the installation). This rig has a ASUS SK8V Mb, which utilizes a AMD 64 FX-53 CPU and 2Gb RAM. Appreciate any help.

G

I'm having an almost identical problem with a Asus K8V SE Delux mb with an AMD Athlon 64 and 512 Mb of RAM . I also have a SATA raid array but I'm installing the 64 bit edition on an IDE drive. The CD loads and then the computer reboots and starts the install process. It gets about two thirds of the way through the install and then I get an error message: "Unable to save all the data for the file C:\windows\system32\config\appent.evt. The data could have lost. The error could be caused by a hardware or network connection problem. Try and save this file elsewhere." It also dispays a similar message for the file named sysevent.evt. I tried reformatting and reinstalling the sofware several times with no luck. Do you think having the SATA drives attached could be causing a problem? I'm going to pysically disconnect them and see what happens.

Please let me know if you find a solution to your problem and I will do likewise.

Thanks,

JNJones

Ask a Question