xbox

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Congrats, psd! Can't wait to get mine now, I really want Revenge of the Sith

I'm thinking of getting one in the very near future... I'm house-sitting for my parents for 2 weeks starting from next week, so I'm going to play on my bro's PS2 too see if I could picture myself using an Xbox enough to justify buying one.

At the moment we could also do with the DVD playing ability too - our DVD player has started to be a little temperamental...!

:)

Reaction score
Quadophile said:
Hey Psd99,

That's great news! :D

One advice I would like to give to you to improve the video output of the X-Box - get the Component Video for it you will not believe how much difference it can bring to the picture quality. I got the unit for my son and we did the comparision with the bundled composite video cable and the difference is like night and day. This of course depends on the TV you are using it with. We use the Philips Pixel Plus HDTV.

thanks for your suggestion

im a novice on cables

could u find me a link on the web please so that i know what i need to get

im using a new sony tv
so ithink i mite be alrite to use this cable u suggest!

Reaction score
Sexy Bex said:
Congrats, psd! Can't wait to get mine now, I really want Revenge of the Sith

I'm thinking of getting one in the very near future... I'm house-sitting for my parents for 2 weeks starting from next week, so I'm going to play on my bro's PS2 too see if I could picture myself using an Xbox enough to justify buying one.

At the moment we could also do with the DVD playing ability too - our DVD player has started to be a little temperamental...!

:)

o thank u!

revenge of the sith?

sounds really good

i cant wait for midnight club 3 im gona get more games v soon!

but i would definetly reccomend an xbox over a ps2

besides u could get Admin to open your xbox up for u and start messing around with the insides!!! lol :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
psd99 said:
could u find me a link on the web please so that i know what i need to get

I tried to find a link for you on Amazon UK but it was not listed (very surprised), so here is the link from Amazon.com

What I suggest is for you to look for exact product in UK store or online. there are many similar cables and it becomes very confusing if you do not know what you are looking for. This product is called "High Definition Pack" and it is a Microsoft product. It comes complete with all the cables you will need. :)

Reaction score
Sexy Bex said:
I'm going to use it for games, same as flops :)

The thing I like about consoles is that it feels like more of a sociable way to play games - playing games on the PC feels a bit reclusive to me sometimes!

I've pretty much decided to get a new one rather than from ebay now psd, the lads talked me around ;)

Definately a good idea. Not all eBayers are bad but you might end up with a dodgy console or one that someones flogging because it got banned on LIVE or something >,<

Personally I'd wait for 360 you've got the whole of Summer to save up if you have a little patience!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I got a new Xbox (with controller) plus any game of my choice (Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith) for £119.99, and bought a second hand controller for £14.99. I'm planning on getting the DVD remote next, and some more games - only got the Star Wars one, LOTR: Return of the King and Splinter Cell at the moment

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I think it may have converted our dear Editor-in-Chief - he's gone from being a staunch PC gamer to thinking that perhaps Xbox's aren't so bad after all ;)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Great, now enjoy yourself as much as you can. Maybe a week later you tell us what your opinion is and how much pleasure you were able to derive from it. :D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
im sure hes just giving it a good test for you ;)

Indeed, a very thorough test! :rolleyes:

I've played on Revenge of the Sith so far and it is a very good game - I much prefer playing that type of game on a console. I've got an article to finish tonight, but I'm looking forward to playing on it tomorrow! :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
It will never replace the PC but it's a fantastic addition to your gaming..

Reaction score
Sexy Bex said:
I think it may have converted our dear Editor-in-Chief - he's gone from being a staunch PC gamer to thinking that perhaps Xbox's aren't so bad after all ;)

so what games u been playing?

fascinated or what?

at the moment Im playing
fight night 2004
fifa 2005
topsin
indiana jones

but i think im enjoying playing fight night 2004
im looking to get round 2 version looks good! :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
My favourite of all on the xbox is Golf, faboulous graphics/sound and gameplay, extremely addictive. Since I am not a golfer I was surprised that that I had fallen for it.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Those golf sims really are the business and yes my friend doesn't play golf but loves playing the sim on the pc.....

Ask a Question