Xbox

Reaction score
Got given an Xbox (original one) a controller and a couple of games the other day!

Went to Gamestation and found an original controller preowned for £2.99 and bought a bunch of games for between 99p and £2.99 each. Not bad given we now have an Xbox, 2 controllers and 11 games for next to nothing! I know it's old and outdated, but it's great fun - especially Colin McRae Rally :) I'll be honest - the graphics on SSX 3 really aren't that bad!!

Reaction score
The original is ace mate. And its easily modded to put a hugh drive in to store games save loading them via disk.

Of course the main advantage it......It dont overheat like the nightmare the 360 is

Reaction score
Yeah - all the games I bought were pre-owned. As long as they work, whats the difference?!

Just been playing Forza Motorsport! What a game!

Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
The original is ace mate. And its easily modded to put a hugh drive in to store games save loading them via disk.

Of course the main advantage it......It dont overheat like the nightmare the 360 is

You can do that? Load entire games to the hard drive? How do you do that?

Reaction score
put in a bigger hard drive and get xbox media centre installed and connect it to your network

that is still a great media centre imo!

It can even run linux too although not tried that myself it can run something called gentoo i think

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've often entertained the idea of a Mk 1 X-Box - dirt cheap and loads of good cheap games.

Unfortunately for me I don't have a television.

Will one of those plug into a VGA or DVI socket? (a PC Monitor, in other words).

As an aside here, in the past I've championed the PS3 over the X-Box 360, this is true, yes/no?

Well, without wishing to revive the argument, I still favour the PS3, mostly because of the X-Box's reliability issues, but bloody hell, I've been looking closely at the games available for each and I'm beginning to think the X-Box 360 has the best games. :eek:

Really.

Oh well, neither are a real possibility atm, very little work and I don't even have a TV yet.

(I do have a TV card in the media machine which is how I watched Bruce at Glastonbury in case anyone's wondering)

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Got given an Xbox (original one) a controller and a couple of games the other day!

Went to Gamestation and found an original controller preowned for £2.99 and bought a bunch of games for between 99p and £2.99 each. Not bad given we now have an Xbox, 2 controllers and 11 games for next to nothing! I know it's old and outdated, but it's great fun - especially Colin McRae Rally :) I'll be honest - the graphics on SSX 3 really aren't that bad!!

I just recently gave an xbox away but i have to say that the best game ever imo is Halo....you really need to try it out.....i think i actually kept that game and let the console go....must check for ya....back soon.
Zzzzz

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Flops, I think you need an adapter to use the XBox via VGA - but it can be done as I remember a guy at University doing this. I'm sure the boxes to do this will be cheap over ebay now :) If you've got an SVideo in on your graphics card, you could always try that though.

I've got an origional XBox too, but don't often use it. However, what I would like to do is play MP3's from over the network (all the iTunes data is stored on a NAS unit) - is that possible if I use the XBox as a media player? :)

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Flops, I think you need an adapter to use the XBox via VGA - but it can be done as I remember a guy at University doing this. I'm sure the boxes to do this will be cheap over ebay now :) If you've got an SVideo in on your graphics card, you could always try that though.

I've got an origional XBox too, but don't often use it. However, what I would like to do is play MP3's from over the network (all the iTunes data is stored on a NAS unit) - is that possible if I use the XBox as a media player? :)

Hi Ian,

I was checking this out a couple of weeks ago but have been too busy to do anything with it, lately...you may find your needs answered here. Its interesting enough so have a nose around. Its also free.

http://xbmc.org/

Zzzzz

Ask a Question