Windows Vista Windows updates affecting my wifi connection

Reaction score
Heya peeps,

It seems everytime windows updates itself, I lose my wifi connection on my computer (even the little light showing when wifi is on/off goes off)

After a system restore, it works fine, the light is back on and I can browse the internet again

I have just turned off automatic updates on my computer, to prevent this from happening again (and to see wether or not this is the real cause)

Now... obviously I would like the latest updates, so what procedures should I take in order to not lose my wifi signal after I update. I havnt a clue where to start!

I am running windows vista SP1, with a secure wifi signal because my parents/ sisters computers, as well as my xbox all manage to connect when my computer goes down.

Replies are ofcourse welcome! as many as possble please, i wanna beat this pain in the bum!

Geo

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry G~Man, I missed this thread!

I'm wondering if Windows Update has detected a newer driver for your wireless adapter and updates it to one that doesn't work each time. If you manually go to the Windows Update site (http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/) are you able to install all of the essential updates by selecting them manually (and ensuring that you don't also update any drivers)?

Ask a Question