Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Yes and successfully installed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes on another OS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
I seem to be one of many users unable to install the Security Update for Windows Vista (KB2286198) either locally or as evidenced by the Internet. The only suggestion is to ignore it but I now have at leased 20 "failed download" messages. Is there any way to remove these from the list or any possibility of downloading this update. All Microsoft recommendations have not worked.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ill check the other halfs vista lappy tonight.

Reaction score
Yes I tried the manual download and the system file checker did not find any errors. However, I tried the manual download again without sucess.

Reaction score
As this suggestion appears to involve the registry I am reluctant to use it. Local advice seems to be to ignore it until Microsoft fixes whatever is causing the problem. If enough users complain hopefully it will not be too long. There are too many suggestions on the Web as to what is causing the problem that it isn't worth trying them all!

Reaction score
This has been going on for a very long time my friend, I too not so many months ago had the same problem - It reached eventually 78 failed installations.....

I cannot for the sake of me remember how I resolved it though, sorry :(

Don't expect MS to sort it out soon they won't!!!!!!!

Reaction score
It does not help you, but i use Windows7.

And have stayed away from putting Vista on my Laptop!
To many people with problems using it!!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Hmmmm, Just checked the history of my GF's Samsung Vista x86 laptop. It installed no worries on the 3rd of this month. No previous failures either.

Ask a Question