Windows XP Dhcp Your computer has lost the lease to its IP address 192.168.1.2

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Can any of you help me? I am a silver surfer with windows XP.
I have traced the following problems through Microsoft Help and wonder if anyone can tell me, in the simplest terms possible, what I need to do.
Many thanks in anticipation.

Failed auto update retrieval of third-party root list sequence number from: with error: This operation returned because the timeout period expired.

Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard ACPI\PNP0303\4&2F2A6674&0 This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.

24/02/2011 08:23 Dhcp The IP address lease 192.168.1.2 for the Network Card with network address 000AE62C899A has been
denied by the DHCP server 192.168.1.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

20/04/2011 20:32 Dhcp Your computer has lost the lease to its IP address 192.168.1.2 on the
Network Card with network address 000AE62C899A.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
How are these faults manifesting themselves? For instance is your keyboard working ok?

How are you connecting to the internet? Through a router/modem?

Can you get online with that machine ok? Is the machine booting ok into Windows XP?

It looks as though your clock needs resetting as well, 20th April shown there and we're only in March.

Could you tell us a little bit more about your hardware setup and the actual problems you're experiencing.

Reaction score
Everything is working properly but I cannot access the following web site http://www.hothampark.co.uk - it times out and that is why I went to the error messages on Microsoft help.All my friends can open it so the problem appears to be with me.
I noticed that the date is wrong, but it is correct on the screen.
I connect to the internet through a router (Tiscali) andI have windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service pack 3.
Mr processor is AMD Duron (tm) 892MHz 768MB of RAM
I am very much a novice so hop I am sending you the correct information.
Regards,
Rosemary Warren

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
That site is loading ok here - http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/http://www.hothampark.co.uk/

Hhave you tried simply unplugging the router and leaving it for about 10 seconds and then plugging it back in?

So the clock in the taskbar (bottom right of the screen) is correct?

Where did you see those error messages, are they from the router or the pc?

DHCP is basically what the router uses to assign IP addresses to each PC/laptop/device on your network, are you having any other issues regarding your internet connection/websites?

Reaction score
I unplugged my router, as you suggested, and the problem is resolved, If only I had known it could be that simple.My grateful thanks.
To answer you queries. The clock in the taskbar is correct.
The error messages are on my PC in my Microsoft Help and Support Programme under Advanced System Information.
Once again many thanks.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
No worries, glad its all good again.

First rule of PC's and such is start by rebooting. If that dont work then take it from there. :)

Ask a Question