Windows 11 Download

News Windows 11 Download

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ian submitted a new resource:

Windows 11 Download - Windows 11 is ready for download!

Microsoft Windows 11 was released today, a few hours earlier than expected. You can visit the Microsoft website (here) and download the installation assistant to upgrade an existing Windows 10 PC, or if you'd prefer to perform a clean install, a media creation tool and ISO download are available.

Windows 11 features a significant UI update, widely considered an improvement (unlike the Windows 8 release)...

Read more about this resource...

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Meh!!!

w11.png

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
I like this new Windows. The only problem so far is that Fortnite crashes when I exit. At least I'm able to play it :D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I only have TPM 1.2 and my i7 processor is not in the approved list but I am OK with that. My Linux distros with multi boot options works wonders and does what I need to do without any problems. :nod:

I think I am the odd man out here as I do not play games like most of you do so my needs as far as specs are concerned are not that demanding. With 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro ram and 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD my computer is plenty fast for my photography needs! In a year or two will upgrade to a new one hopefully. :cool:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
It's no go for me too. Same result as Evan.

Still, I don't do gaming and Win 10 works just fine for everything that I do so I'm not too disappointed. I'm sure I will cope. :D

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
I have installed 11 and so far only 3 apps crash. Two of them aren't used so I just won't use them. The third crashes when I close it so at least I can still use it... For now :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Traditionally when it comes to Windows OS 'upgrades' I'm a bit of a luddite (see ME & Win 8 as reasons to justify my stance) so I'm wondering - assuming my PC meets the specs - is there anything new that makes an upgrade worthwhile?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Traditionally when it comes to Windows OS 'upgrades' I'm a bit of a luddite (see ME & Win 8 as reasons to justify my stance) so I'm wondering - assuming my PC meets the specs - is there anything new that makes an upgrade worthwhile?
Running Android apps natively will be great (to be released soon) and the UI improvements make it look a lot nicer (IMO) - but it's definitely building upon Windows 10, rather than being a release like Windows 8. Basically a continuation of development with a nicer UI.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I tried installing W11 on my Acer laptop. It meets all the requirements except TPM. Had no joy. Took about an hour and chucked up a bunch of error codes and reverted to W10. I couldn't be bothered after that.

Ask a Question