iPhone 13 likely announced on September 14th at "California Streaming" event

News iPhone 13 likely announced on September 14th at "California Streaming" event

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ian submitted a new resource:

iPhone 13 likely announced on September 14th at "California Streaming" event - Apple set to showcase new iPhone 13 lineup

Apple are holding a remote streaming event from the Apple Park campus on September 14th 2021, entitled "California Streaming". It's widely expected that we will see the new iPhone 13 announced, along with a new series of Apple watch.

Marketing SVP, Greg Joswiak posted this teaser trailer on twitter:

Rumours suggest Apple is planning to release a 5.4-inch ‌iPhone 13‌ mini, a 6.1-inch ‌iPhone 13‌, a 6.1-inch ‌iPhone 13‌ Pro, and a 6.7-inch ‌iPhone...

Read more about this resource...

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Interesting to see what they come up with in terms of camera improvement since they have been beating about the bush for a long time with the same camera and only tweaking the software.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It looks like they might roll out the LIDAR module to all of the 13 series, that would be pretty cool for low light photo performance.

I'm actually tempted to jump back to Apple, as they've rolled out recent updates to phones as old as the 6S. My 3 year old Android phone stopped getting updates a year ago :(. I think in future I'm going to have to either stick with Google Pixel models, or jump to iPhone - it'll be the price of the Pixel 6 and iPhone 13 (standard model) that decides!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
@Ian The standard model is offered at same price as last year with twice the storage, also included the sensor shift with a brighter camera that captures 47% more light for better night shots from the last years pro series phones. The megapixel remain the same but it is a completely new camera module with a larger sensor. So yes definitely worth the switch to it. Cinematic mode for capturing video may appeal to a lot of video enthusiats.

iPhone 13

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm going to give it a couple of weeks and see what deals o2 (UK network provider) will do on a contract for this :D.

Looking forward to see what real users think of the phone when they get hold of it, not long to wait now!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I'm going to give it a couple of weeks and see what deals o2 (UK network provider) will do on a contract for this :D.

Looking forward to see what real users think of the phone when they get hold of it, not long to wait now!

Not sure yet but I might be the one getting it when released. :p

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
@Ian I placed the order for the iPhone 13 already. ;)

You can count on me for a hands on experience. They have not given me a confirmed date but said it would be communicated to me in good time. As for approx delivery it could be between September 25 - October 5.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That's great Anis!!! Hope you get it soon :D. I think I'm going to order it too, but maybe in a couple of weeks. I'm currently playing around with my partners old iPhone 7, as it's still able to use the latest iOS, so it's giving me a good feel for how it'll work with the apps I use.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've joined you and switched to the dark side :lol: . Should arrive in a few weeks for me, as there's a bit of a waiting time now.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
@Ian what made you decide to go ahead? You had said you would wait and see! You could not wait could you? :lol:
:lol::lol:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
@Ian what made you decide to go ahead? You had said you would wait and see! You could not wait could you? :lol:
:lol::lol:
Exactly that :lol: ... I saw the delivery time slip further and further away, while my phone battery barely lasts until the end of the day, so just went for it. My phone is now worth a more than my PC!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Got my iPhone 13 Pro now and really enjoying it. Takes some getting used to, having used Android for so long - but the hardware is great quality. I do miss having a universal back button though!