Windows Mail

Barbara

I have Vista and I cannot seem to add my hotmail, live.com mail or Gmail so
that I can download my mail into one central spot. Can you help?

Dave N9

Windows Mail cannot access any http email accounts.
However, it can access Hotmail/Live accounts via POP3, and Gmail via IMAP or
POP3.

Gmail:
see these instructions for enabling POP and for configuring Windows
Mail/Live Mail....
<a
href="http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86382">http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86382</a>
<a
href="http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383">http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383</a>
or for IMAP....
<a
href="http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=77696&topic=12920">http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=77696&topic=12920</a>

Hotmail:
<a
href="http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry"></a>
Since WM is coded to reject Hotmail addresses, you'll have to use a fake
email address while setting it up, then change it to your correct address
later.

With the newer Windows Live Mail, you can access the Hotmail accounts via
DeltaSync (mail is kept on the server).

Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)
Windows 7 Ultimate