Windows 7 Beta Available Tomorrow

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I downloaded the latest drivers from Creative website, supposed to be for Vista 64 Bit, but as mentioned above they didn't work.

The installation stopped with the message that - supported hardware for the software could not be found. Same in Vista 64 Bit and 7 64 Bit.

I have had the Audio X-Fi card working in Vista 32 Bit.

And the X-Fi Audio is not a true X-Fi chip, more a tarted up Audigy 2.
Flops - I was wondering if you've tried the unofficial drivers HERE and HERE?- I'm guessing that the first link is the one you need for your card....although its the basic driver only, it may at least produce some sound?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Flops - I was wondering if you've tried the unofficial drivers HERE and HERE?- I'm guessing that the first link is the one you need for your card....although its the basic driver only, it may at least produce some sound?

Thanks for the link Ady but I've wiped the disk now, ready to try the 32 bit version.

I doubt if I will try the 64 bit version again as it didn't recognise my Linksys WMP54G wireless NIC card either.

I haven't got round to trying the 32 bit version of Seven yet as I've been busy backing up my entire disco catalogue to mp3 onto DVD's and to an 80Gb iPod. Nearly finished now though :)

And I still have to complete my fresh install of XP after mistakenly erasing it during this testing of Seven :blush:

Still, only about seven more aps to load...

Again, thanks for the links, I will note them just in case I decide to return to the 64 bit version of Seven.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I still haven't installed 7 yet and I'm not sure I can be arsed to be honest..:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hi,

I ahve installed this today on the system in my sig. A few questions where can I download Creative XI Sound Blaster Gamer sound card drivers from? Also I have this set up on a dual boot. Windows 7 will not detect the Vista HDD, if I go into computer managerment it says that the drive is unlabled, I dont want to relable it in case it mucks up the vista installtion?

Any ideas.

Cheers

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
wizkid said:
Hi,

I have installed this today on the system in my sig. A few questions where can I download Creative XI Sound Blaster Gamer sound card drivers from?
Cheers

You can't. Well, not Seven specific drivers anyway.

Microsoft tell us that existing Vista hardware drivers should work, so try those.

Remember this is only a Beta, hardware manufacturers haven't had a chance to formulate yet another OS set of drivers yet. I'm not even sure whether or not MS would co-operate with them as Seven isn't officially released yet.

As for your unlabelled HDD, sorry, don't know.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
You can't. Well, not Seven specific drivers anyway.

Microsoft tell us that existing Vista hardware drivers should work, so try those.

Remember this is only a Beta, hardware manufacturers haven't had a chance to formulate yet another OS set of drivers yet. I'm not even sure whether or not MS would co-operate with them as Seven isn't officially released yet.

As for your unlabelled HDD, sorry, don't know.

Hi Flops,

I'll try the Vista ones see how they go. I looked through this thread and found the un official drivers and they were for the extreme audio are they any out there for the extreme gamer edition? I'll try the vista drivers anyway. This is what shows up in Computer Management. Any ideas any one?

Anyway I like windows 7 its a lot faster than vista at processing information, its a lot more tidier then vista to. Gonna try some gaming next and will post back with everything that I have tested with so others know what works and what does not.

The driver compatability is much better. I plugged my Epson DX4000 printer in and it installed the drivers straightaway no need to download drivers.

Sorry about the not very clear pic.

Reaction score
Fix to HDD not showing in windows 7

Hi,

I have all the drivers installed now, just used the vista ones and they are fine.

The solution to the Hard Drive not showing was you need to assign a drive letter to it and then it will fine. by default Windows 7 hides the primary partition on install but it does not effect anything if you assign a drive letter afterward and that's what I had to do with mine.

Hope this information helps others. :thumb:

Reaction score
To be honest, I have'nt really done that much with it yet, It's just sitting on my VPC. On the downside, I don't get any of the effects :(

With regards to your post about Drivers WizKid, I did see a section about Drivers on the nVidia site, I havent had a chance to look at it myself, so I'm not sure if it's anything that can be of any help lol :thumb:

Electronics & Photo Fan

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
I've gone and downloaded Windows 7 Beta 32-bit, burned it to DVD, prepared a PC for the install.

It don't work.

The ISO image burned to DVD alright and there's nothing wrong with the DVD, it passed Nero verification.

However I get the message:

"Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070570"

Is this the same error you were getting with the 32-bit, Waynos_Face?

Just done a MD5 check and my MD5 is different to the ones Ian posted and begins with a 9.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It would appear E&PF, you have a corrupted download.

Bit of a bummer but d/l it again, check md5 sum of d/l ISO and then, if it tallies, burn a new DVD.

Electronics & Photo Fan

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
It's a big bummer considering the only friend I have with unlimited d/l lives 50 miles away and I've already had to make a special trip once to d/l this... I seriously wonder if it's worth bothering.

Ask a Question