Windows 7 Problem with Facebook

Reaction score
Recently updated my Win 7 32-bit PC to Win 7 64-bit. Reason for staying with Win 7 is that I intended using it as a stand-alone as my recording studio and for Photoshop, in-Design and a few other programs that I don't want to pay to update if upgrading to Win 10/11. I was using Debian for online use but cannot get sound to work. Anyway, when I'm on Facebook, some posts are blanked out, and I can only scroll down about 8 or 9 posts when I just get a light-greyed out effect, cannot access my notifications or messages and a little blue "wheel" starts turning forever. I check Task Manager> Processes and normally find that nearly 1GB memory is being used by Firefox.
My specs are: AMD (Athlon) 2 x 4 (645) processor 3.10GHz, 16GB RAM, Win 7 64-bit Service pack 1. Browser: Firefox, Internet speed: Download: 35MB/s, Upload: 7 MB/s.
What might be the problem I'm encountering? Would it be Facebook or my system?
Thanks.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Which browser are you using Mike? It sounds like it's not loading the "on-scroll" elements of the page (a way for the website to load more on demand, as you scroll further down). I wonder if it's a browser incompatibility with their script.

Reaction score
Which browser are you using Mike? It sounds like it's not loading the "on-scroll" elements of the page (a way for the website to load more on demand, as you scroll further down). I wonder if it's a browser incompatibility with their script.
I'm using Firefox.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score

It is a Facebook issue and yes it seems there is an incompatibility with the script, they just cannot get it right. I have had this issue for a while and I also thought it was my system and spent hours trying to figure it out. I found out it was not just me but scores of peeps out there having this issue. I simply gave up. When I am frustrated with the problem I just switch off my computer and get on my phone which does not have this issue at all. :nod:

Find a workaround like I did and you should be OK. :cheers:

Reaction score
More and more I can't view images - just the "This image may contain people and the sea" type messages. So-o-o-o-o-o frustrating. I don't use my phone for the internet, screen is too small for my liking.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
More and more I can't view images - just the "This image may contain people and the sea" type messages. So-o-o-o-o-o frustrating. I don't use my phone for the internet, screen is too small for my liking.
Have you tried clearing browsing history, cache, cookies etc to see what happens ? Or maybe reset Firefox.

Reaction score
In settings I've clicked clear history, cookies, etc, upon closing Firefox. Haven't reset Firefox, I'll try it. Will resetting remove my bookmarks, passwords, etc?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
In settings I've clicked clear history, cookies, etc, upon closing Firefox. Haven't reset Firefox, I'll try it. Will resetting remove my bookmarks, passwords, etc?
Passwords yes, the rest no.

Ask a Question