PC very slow after un-installing software

Reaction score
Hi, got a PC running Win 7 32-bit, 4GB RAM and had just over 50 programs installed. 6 of the programs weren't used anymore so I un-installed them with Revo. I then re-booted and defragged the HD. Now the PC takes nearly 13 minutes to boot and nearly the same to close down. Thunderbird and Firefox now take over 10 minutes to open, Facebook freezes after a few scrolls down and will not close.....just get the message "not responding". Everything worked well and fairly fast before the un-installing....what should I now do? I have a dual boot with Windows and Debian, and soon I will be upgrading Windows to Win 7 64-bit. I will be off-line when using Windows ( most of my programs are 32-bit - Photoshop, Autocad, Sonar, Soundforge, etc., - and I hate Win 10), and for on-line I'll be using Thunderbird and Firefox in Debian. There are reasons why I cannot upgrade at the moment, so I just want to get Win 7 working as fast as it used to. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Reaction score
System restore.
Then use the programs' own or Windows Control Panel to uninstall the programs, including Revo.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I've often found System Restore to be the answer in these situations. Going back to a time before your Revo uninstallation might just do it. :)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
what should I now do?
Windows 7 support ended in January 2020. Time to upgrade.

and I hate Win 10),
I also hated W10 at first but once I had used it a couple of months I realised how much better it was than W7.

I un-installed them with Revo

Revo sucks. Use Windows inbuilt system to remove programs then use Ccleaner to clean up the disk after uninstall.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Format - Reinstall

Using a 3rd party software to 'uninstall' was a big nono. Window's own uninstaller or the programs' own uninstaller should have been your first port of call.

Don't install Revo or Ccleaner. MHO

Ask a Question