Windows XP Win XP Pro - Error

Reaction score
Hi Techies,

Can anybody help me?

Yesterday I formated my hard drive and reinstalled that. Firstly I installed Win 98 Se. I also installed MS Office 2000 Pro, Winzip 8, Windows Media Player 9, Direct X 9B, Acrobat Reader 5.05. But just after instalation I was getting error in dialouge box -- 'Illegal operation close the program' like that. I used to get this error earlier that time I uninstalled small softwares from my system and again I Installed them that time I cured the problem I tried this time also but I could not solve the problem.

Then I decided to installed Win XP Pro. I formated C: drive with NTFS (not quick format) and installed Win XP.

Now my main problem is that I am getting BLUE Screen frequently (otherwise Windows is running good) and the message is----------

*** Hardware Malfunction
Call your hardware vendor for support
*** The system has halted***

I am using 810 motherboard with SIS 630 chipset, P-3 866, 128 MB SD Ram, 20 GB HDD is there any problem with my PC's configuration.

Also, I want you know that when I bought PC, Win XP was not reliesed. Therefore I have only drivers of Win 98, NT & Win 2000 for my VGA & Audio in CD. Is this the problem.

I keen to use Win XP but I dont know how can I solve this problem.

Please help me.

Thanks in Advance.

Avinash.

Reaction score
I reckon theres some hardware inside your PC that is causing an error, seeing the message you are getting...

Reaction score
avinash_vas said:
*** Hardware Malfunction
Chris,

I would just like to thank you for stating the obvious

Thanks!!!

KGB

**Sorry for this post, i am bored!**

Reaction score
Another thing, is you could detatch hrdware in litttle bits too see if the error comes up, so we can help you solve the problem

Reaction score
Have you run windows update?

That should find and update ALL hardware drivers if you chise "custom download"

It even updated my corded mouse drivers!

Then you should try what you said i think

KGB

Ask a Question