Windows XP Why won't my search open in same page ??

Reaction score
Hello all, I hope someone can help me....
its not really a big problem but very irritating.
When I click on search button the side window opens and I can run the search. However when I want to open one of the pages from the search I can't just click on it, I have to right click and open in a new window, when I want to check out several pages its a total pain because I end up with loads of windows open.

Does anyone know how I set my search to open in the window I am already running in please ? I use Google as my search engine and am running on XP Home Edition. This only happens on my laptop, my home PC works great and I can open the search results just by double clicking I have checked the settings on my PC against the laptop and they seem to be the same, but I must be missing something

thanks for any advice

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
On the Google home page you need to set your preferences, Click on preferences on the right of the search box. If that dont work then your blocking cookies from google. :thumb:

Or you could just hold shift and click the link.

Oh, and you dont need to double click web links. ;)

Reaction score
how do I allow cookies ?

Thanks for replying so quickly, there isn't a preferences tab on the search, just a customize and when I open it there isn't really anthing to change, only which search engine to use.

Can you tell me how to allow cookies please ? maybe thats the problem

thanks & regards

Reaction score
Still HELP please

hi, I found the Google page, i was looking in the wrong place and changed my preferences but it still isn't working, I think it might be cookie related, can you please tell me how I allow the cookies to run

many thanks & regards

Ask a Question