Windows 10 operating system - using firefox browser - yahoo mail.

Reaction score
Hello all, funny problem really, I have a windows 10 laptop pc. Also have a windows 10Tablet pc. On the main windows pc when i receive some e mails they are unreadable, I cannot read them at all. I then go onto the Tablet instead, which is windows 10 - sharing the same internet line and using the the same firefox browser as the main laptop. I then proceed to open the same e mails as on the other machine and they open in full readable state.
Both machines are using the same IP address and incoming line, both use windows 10 system, both use the firefox browser and both use the Yahoo mail.
Does anyone know why they should differ regarding the incoming e mail script - if so would be grateful for your input.
Thanks, Dave Morris.

Reaction score
Exactly what do you mean by "unreadable"?
Is there an error message when you try to open them?

Reaction score
hi peru bob, no there are no messages it simply only opens in computer speak - gobbledy gook really to me. yet the identical email when opened on the windows 10 tablet reads in perfect english. as previously stated both are using firefox with yahoo mail and are both sharing the same line in. hope this clarifies the problem, thanks for replying so swiftly. davsam.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
It must be some problem in Settings on your laptop. You could try Settings > Accounts > Email & Accounts > Open default app settings > Reset to recommended defaults.

Reaction score
Try going to yahoo mail in a private browser window and see if that makes a difference. It might have to do with an addon interfering in some way. Do you have an ad blocker or script blocker that might be running like NoScript?

Ask a Question