Who's had the covid jab?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Great news @V_R - a relief for you all too!

Let's hope that reaching the 15m point next week means that we can start getting back to normal in the not too distant future :).

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Finally got my first dose (Moderna) this morning. My appointment for the second dose is March 16th :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
The only side effect I had was mild pain on the first day after few hours, at night it became worse and I had difficulty sleeping due to discomfort. However, it finally subsided and much better and I can manage the mild pain now. In the next day or two it should be completely gone I suppose.

Reaction score
Wife & I got jabbed yesterday at our local community centre. A few side effects, but actual Covid would be worse, and I think it shows that an immune response has been generated - so a rough 24-48h is a very small price to pay indeed.

We're just pleased to have had the call (well, text message with self service link to book which was seamless) and I'm genuinely impressed at the national effort to get jabs into people.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I was due to have my second shot of the vaccine on the 24th March but this has been brought forward to the 13th March. Downside of this is I have to leave the house at 6-30 am as I have a 100 mile drive to the vaccination centre. Upside is I might get to see dawn for the first time in decades.
1f602.png

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Wife & I got jabbed yesterday at our local community centre. A few side effects, but actual Covid would be worse, and I think it shows that an immune response has been generated - so a rough 24-48h is a very small price to pay indeed.

We're just pleased to have had the call (well, text message with self service link to book which was seamless) and I'm genuinely impressed at the national effort to get jabs into people.
Already? How old are you? I thought I was older, we haven't heard anything yet.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah fair. I did wonder that.

We're both 40 so we're not yet. :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Had my second dose of Moderna this morning. So far so good no pain or issues whatsoever. As the day progresses and into the night things can change. It is reported that some after having the second dose have had pain in the arm in addition to body aches, and for some nausea. According to the nurse administering it, it varies from person to person. Will see. :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I had my second dose last Tuesday and except for the pain in the upper arm which has now almost subsided to nothing as of now. I have had no other issues like some reports for the second dose with some folks. :)

Ask a Question