Where is Active X?

R

Ray

WindowsXP Pro Sp3 IE8

When I try to download a program from a website I often get the message to click on the
yellow bar. I am on my sixth computer and have never seen a yellow bar. There is a
dialog bar telling me to click "here" because the site is trying to download a file. I
click and the process starts but soon a new message says it cannot download the file. I
have tried to locate where to enable Active X but "Help" and "Search" don't give me any
information. I was told to try clicking on the Explorer icon "Properties" where there
will be a check box to enable Active X. I do that but no Active X is listed.

J

James Parker

WindowsXP Pro Sp3 IE8

When I try to download a program from a website I often get the message to click on the
yellow bar. I am on my sixth computer and have never seen a yellow bar. There is a
dialog bar telling me to click "here" because the site is trying to download a file. I
click and the process starts but soon a new message says it cannot download the file. I
have tried to locate where to enable Active X but "Help" and "Search" don't give me any
information. I was told to try clicking on the Explorer icon "Properties" where there

Hope this helps
http://techgurulive.com/2008/10/24/how-to-enable-activex-controls-in-internet-explorer/

D

Dirk T. Verbeek

WindowsXP Pro Sp3 IE8

Although there are more or less valid reasons to use ActiveX it is
before all a virus magnet.

Ask a Question