Office 2016 Problem.

Reaction score
I have recently had to reinstall W10 .
The reinstall went ok.
My problem is that it appears that Microsoft gives you a trial of Office 365.
I have never used it and do not want it.
So i removed it.
I installed Office 2016 and everything went fine.
But when i open any Office 2016 programme i get a notice saying to Try Buy Activate.
It appears to be Office 365.
I can remove it by clicking the X.
Is there a way to completely remove this notice from appearing?

Reaction score
Peru Bob.
I see what you mean.
I thought i had removed it all but apparently not.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply muckshifter.
Unfortunately that didn`t help.
I cannot find Office 365 listed using Programmes and Features or Add and Remove Programmes.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply muckshifter.
Unfortunately that didn`t help.
I cannot find Office 365 listed using Programmes and Features or Add and Remove Programmes.
Sorry to say, you may have to live with it. It may stop pestering you after the 'trial' period runs out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
To be fair, Bill Gates does need more money so he can buy up more farmland in the US and starve us to death.

Reaction score
Maybe you can find where it is located on your hard drive via the process manager by right clicking it, if the popup appears as a process there. See if removing the file or renaming it helps.

Reaction score
A possibly silly question. Have you activated your copy of Office 2016? The pop up may refer to that. Also, do not know if it is relevant but Office 365 has been renamed to Microsoft 365 and may be lost in the apps list amongst.the long list of Microsoft programs.

Reaction score
Maybe you can find where it is located on your hard drive via the process manager by right clicking it, if the popup appears as a process there. See if removing the file or renaming it helps.
How do i find process manager please?

Reaction score
If you are reffering to the Office 365 app (or tile) - go to Start - find the tile - right-click on the Office 365 and choose Uninstall. This is just a place holder and when you click it, it will install Office 365 which you don't need. See https://ibb.co/wWsm95L if it makes sense because I think you are opening the tile (don't have 365 so I used the Mail tile)

If you are reffering to Office 365 as a proper install, it will be in Programs and Features and you can uninstall it from there. The option from muckshifter answer, the link and Option 2 to Completely uninstall Office is also good or you can use a third party uninstaller like Revo Uninstaller. Be sure to restart your system and do a scan of registry and orphaned files.

Ask a Question