Windows XP Active X

Reaction score
Hey All...Help Needed Please

I want to install Adobe Acrobat Reader, but since installing IE8 everytime the active x allow prompt comes up on the info bar it freezes my screen.

I have tried other active x requiring programs, i.e. express photo uploader by photobox, etc and it also freezes every time.

I am not sure what to do, how to fix or if I have done something?

Any help would be much appreciated

Jamesgirl x

Reaction score
jamesgirl said:
Hey All...Help Needed Please

I want to install Adobe Acrobat Reader, but since installing IE8 everytime the active x allow prompt comes up on the info bar it freezes my screen.

I have tried other active x requiring programs, i.e. express photo uploader by photobox, etc and it also freezes every time.

I am not sure what to do, how to fix or if I have done something?

Any help would be much appreciated

Jamesgirl x

Hi Jamesgirl...
happywave.gif
happywave.gif

Welcom to the forum...
happywave.gif
happywave.gif

I have had the similar problem in the past. My solution was to roll back to IE 7.
Try that and see how you go. Or you could try using an alternative browser like Firefox. Which in my opinion is a better browser than Internet Explorer.l

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Give FOXIT READER a try it has a smaller footprint and uses less resources and is quicker to load.
happywave.gif

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Give FOXIT READER a try it has a smaller footprint and uses less resources and is quicker to load.
happywave.gif

Cheers Abar...I was after Foxit Reader for myself, but couldn't remember what it was called...:thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to PCR

Foxit

Adobe should be, shot, hung, drawn & quartered ... and sacked. :D

:user:

Ask a Question