Windows XP what's better?

Reaction score
Ok, I've purchased recently a new laptop, so I'd like to know what software is better to use in order to be sure that all my staff will be safe. What do you think about different backup software, and what can you recommend? May be some antiviruses, so in general what you can advice to keep my computer in secure.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2697599.php
happywave.gif

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply, but i've already read this. Actually it's not the answer i've expected to get.There are lots of software and i'd like to know what are the best. i'd like to but 3d party backup software, which one would you recomend Norton Ghost, True Image or may there is an another one. The same thing on antiviruses, Kaspersky, NOD or Symantec?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Acronis for back up, and Kaspersky for AV, Antivir if you want a free one. I have been using it for months and love it.I also use Keiro firewall. :thumb:

DO NOT GET NORTON!
wallbash.gif

Reaction score
Thanks.
Why do you think that Norton is bad? You've convinced me of my wish to get Kaspersky, and do you really think that i'll need a firewall, won't it be easier and cheaper to use windows firewall? And for True Image, what version would you recomend? Home or workstation? Home or Workstation?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
papercut said:
Why do you think that Norton is bad?
Have a look round the Spyware and virus section of the forums, everyone with probs has norton's running, not to mention the fact thats its bloated and slows down your pc.

and do you really think that i'll need a firewall, won't it be easier and cheaper to use windows firewall?
Kerios is free....and better that windows firewall.

And for True Image, what version would you recomend? Home or workstation? Home or Workstation?
If its for your home pc use the home version. Workstation is for office networks. ;)

Reaction score
ok, great thanks for the input. I'll try what you've suggested and will post the results.

Ask a Question