What is happening? Red tape my foot!!

Reaction score
Where is the compassion?:(

I feel so disgusted with the way this lady has been treated.

Full story> Here

[Without the dialysis doctors fear she only has weeks to live.]

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Let me first say I think she should have been allowed to stay on compassionate grounds......however if you read the story closely she came back to the UK in 2005 and had her student visa revoked because she couldn't pursue her course - she was given temporary admission which is effectively notice she would be removed.

She then choose not to keep in touch with immigration officials, (which means in reality she went into hiding to avoid removal) - had she done so she would have been removed back in Ghana prior to her illness in 2006 and this would not have occured.

I am sympathetic - however she has also contributed to this situation.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
As Ady said I'm afraid.

I sincerely wish she would be treated by the UK - one more really don't make a lot of difference - but she honestly brought this thing upon herself to a certain degree.

Makes me really really wonder and question things.

Do the Western Nations have to treat everybody? Is our National Health Service already not being abused enough?

This case raises several issues, all of which, to be honest, I feel uncomfortable with.

I don't have an answer.

Ask a Question