What are people doing this weekend?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
V_R said:
Sounds good Ady, I see the Foo Fighters are playing in Hyde Park this evening, Supported by Motorhead, Queens of the Stone Age and more!! That should be awsome! :thumb:

http://www.royalparks.gov.uk/events/event.cfm?id=645
Yep - was pretty good in Hyde Park, rowed on the Serpentine with my young lady, then we lounged in the sun listening to some of the early bands from a few hundred yards away - not bad I must say.

Left for Covent Garden before the Foo Fighters - shame really cos i quite like 'em :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Today was Father's Day, so...

Me twin daughters sent me a package full of odd stuff, sweets, toiletries and a soft toy of Jungle Book's Baloo the Bear which arrived yesterday at 8am, that was a nice surprise.

I phoned them up today and spent some time on the phone with them.

Eldest spent the evening with me and my friends at the usual spot - outside the pub :D

Lovely warm summer's evening. Very pleasant day, even though me own old man's brown bread, he shuffled off this mortal coil five years ago aged 80 :(

Life goes on I suppose....

Here's pic of eldest (19) outside the boozer just a coupla hours ago:

Attachments

• faye001.jpg
    faye001.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 91

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Went for a drive on saturday... we are still waiting for this Rogue Low that is supposed to have us snowed in like most of the rest of the country. Meantime, outside, it's cold as, but the sun is shining & the skies blue... go figure :rolleyes:

So saturday we went for a drive hunting out some snow... went down the Pig Root (don't ask... i didn't name it) past where we had that accident which was sorta strange. But all in all it was a good day & John got to leave foot-prints in virgin snow ;) & I got to slide down a hill on my butt laughing & getting wet. & all in all a fantastic time :)

We stayed well away from the Timaru area which is still without electricity. Like I said, most of the rest of the country is snowed in, even up north (the warmer end of the country) half the roads are closed. No Idea why we are getting such lovely weather down here :confused: Not going to count on it to last though.

Oh, you want something funny... anyone from crunchers corner remember i said we'd have to get some petrol for the chainsaw 'cos we were low on wood...? Well we did so & got all set up out the back padock for a couple of hours sawing chopping & hauling. After about 10-15 mins the chainsaw hit a hidden nail or something (we didn't find it but there was plenty of sparks) & took half the teeth off (John was ropeable as you can imagine!). It couldn't even get through the light pallet wood we'd got for kindling after that. We had a barrow load so we hauled that up to the wood bin. With what we had it was plenty for the weekend.
Even funnier, just after we got everything put away, the skies opened & it started pouring down sheets of water :lol:

Reaction score
Seems weird you have snow there. I would have thought that part of the world would have been amazing sunny at this time of year

However i'm sure even with snow and the sun shining the scenery makes up for it?

Right tickets booked bags packed, u got the blow up bed ready for me ? :D

Tis ok I dont need many creature comforts ;)

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
lol, you sure you want to come down here in winter?

I know we can't quite match England for snow, cold & wet in winter... but we do give it a pretty good try.

Right now I'm dreaming of your drought & wondering if I shouldn't be packing bags myself :rolleyes:

It's the whole WARMTH thing that's drawing me :nod:

Even in all the sunshine today, the air is cold as ice.

ideal skiing weather I suppose

If this was Wanaka or Queenstown anyway

but I went off skiing after my first time when a friend fell on the learners slope & broke her thigh bone.

Dangerous sport that.

So I'll stick with summer sports myself...

Hang on... :rolleyes:

Don't you guys have a summer going on up there at the moment? :nod:

:user: Time to book the tickets... :wave:

Reaction score
Yesterday was fathers day, so i gave me old man a medal that said 'Best dad in the world' which he had to wear at the police station :nod: :D

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
saturday morning i helped my dad to finish wiring a kitchen, then in the evening went out with my mates and got a tad too drunk to remember exactly what went on , then yesterday we had some family friends over for a barbecue

Edit: BTW is it just me or does flopps attatchment not work ?

Ask a Question