Weekend

Reaction score
So, what are folks up to over the bank Holiday weekend?
I'm going to chill out & see friends + mend a friends pc on monday.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Sat Work , Sun Work, Mon hopefully off nothing planned, taking next friday off so hopefully heading out in the trailer tent to Derbyshire ..

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Riding me motorcycle and killing headcrabs. If I have time I may go to Yorkand see what the city has to offer.

:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Headcrabs = Half Life 2 - it's a game ;)

Riding a motorcycle = cruising on a 1952 650 Norton ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
So what am I doing?

Building a disco console to take 2 x BSR turntables/Shure SC75 cartridges/Citronic Mixer/Numark twin CD player.

They're just hanging around surplus so I thought I might as well bung 'em all together in a box.

It may come in handy, I may try and sell it but I'm thinking it may be good for small spaces as it would probably be less than a metre long and better than trying to fit in a 5' long coffin.

Will be buying the plywood and the paint from Wickes tomorrow morning.

I usually paint the disco stuff gloss black but may consider another colour - perhaps white - suggestions?

It will have aluminium edging and flight case corners salvaged from scrapped items, so that's a consideration when looking at colours.

Other than that, nowt planned, have some paperwork to do, I'm still converting vinyl to digital (actually getting close to the end now) and will probably visit the pub once or thrice :)

Reaction score
Was supposed to be going over to Spain for the weekend, but everybody seems to have come down with a cold and bit of a fever, so looks like it will b spent in bed..Shame really as the weather is apparently going to be good here...

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I usually paint the disco stuff gloss black but may consider another colour - perhaps white - suggestions?

Flopps, if you ever use UV disco lighting, you could get funky and try some "Wildfire Paint." It's totally non-toxic, etc. "Brightly colored fluorescent images under white light become powerful, glowing images under black light, appearing as though lit from behind." There are some examples if you click the link on this page. The paint is available in the UK, here. But of course, you could always stick to good old Dulux :p

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Headcrabs = Half Life 2 - it's a game ;)

Thanks for that. :thumb:

Thought it was some thing to do with head lice but couldn't see any connection with riding a motorbike. :D

I'll probably be mucking about in the garden as we are promised some half decent weather this weekend. Might even get the barbie out. :)

Reaction score
floppybootstump said:

I'm still converting vinyl to digital (actually getting close to the end now) and will probably visit the pub once or thrice :)

Hey dude....why dont ya use your favourite game as a theme for your paint job....or try Camouflage maybe...also i'm just starting on the long road of converting vinyl to digital and i'm dreading it. I just packed up me wheels of steel a couple of weeks (10) ago and dont know whether or not to flog them....what kinda stuff did you play ??
Zzzzz
happywave.gif
happywave.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Taffycat said:

Flopps, if you ever use UV disco lighting, you could get funky and try some "Wildfire Paint." It's totally non-toxic, etc. "Brightly colored fluorescent images under white light become powerful, glowing images under black light, appearing as though lit from behind." There are some examples if you click the link on this page. The paint is available in the UK, here. But of course, you could always stick to good old Dulux :p

That's an idea :thumb:

But.

It's pricey.

I would have to buy a UV light and I may just sell this console, not keep it.

Only available online and I want to finish this thing by Friday at the latest.

Still, I do apreciate your input, thank you :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
nivrip said:
Thanks for that. :thumb:

Thought it was some thing to do with head lice but couldn't see any connection with riding a motorbike. :D

I'll probably be mucking about in the garden as we are promised some half decent weather this weekend. Might even get the barbie out. :)

Oi I'm not at school anymore and I stay well away from them pesky schoolkids.

:p

Reaction score
Well, Yesterday was a relaxing day - spent most of the day in the garden, taking advantage of the nice weather whilst it's here

Today - not really sure to be honest.

Monday - Bank Holiday, OFF WORK!! WHOO! - Might be doing something tomorow.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
We didn't have any specific plans for the weekend, but I found my ancient PSP7 software sitting there, forgotten in a cupboard, so I decided to experiment and see whether it would work on Vista. Woo-hoo, it does!

Last time I installed it, I ended-up just giving-up, but,providing it ever decides to co-operate and not panic at the sight of a downloaded tube, we might just get along better this time :rolleyes:

Looks like I will be busy with that for a bit.
:D

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Weekend got worse..called out to work at 12.30am last night due to power cut, got back in at 3am...:mad:

Reaction score
Rush said:
Weekend got worse..called out to work at 12.30am last night due to power cut, got back in at 3am...:mad:

I hope the powercut didnt hamper your gameplay....did ya try Half life yet??
Also check out Portals and lets know what ya think....i'm working today while your all on a bank holiday. Drink up....
Zzzzz

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
The games are superb m8, cheers ..loads of fun :) (p.s i`m working today also )

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Been a super weekend weatherwise.................until now.

Heavy clouds arrived, temperature dropped 10 degrees and now it's raining.

Can't beat British weather. :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Been out to a place called Tatton Park for a nice walk in the sun, lovely day :D Did see some of the worst drivers ever today though - including 2 cars trying to push each other off the road repeatedly :eek:

I hope this sun lasts a little longer :)

Ask a Question